Newbie stuck in vicious cycle. Ready to make this permanent. - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-09-2015, 05:21 AM   #1  

Default Newbie stuck in vicious cycle. Ready to make this permanent.

Hi all,

Looooooong time reader here. I've been reading forums of 3FC for years... since I was probably 14 years old. I'm 21 now, and feeling incredibly stuck/frustrated. I've been trying to lose weight since I was around 10 years old. I was able to successfully lose 30 pounds in high school, only to gain it back plus more by the time I was 17 (unhealthy relationships, man). I started seeing a trainer at 17, but not committing to the diet change. At 18, I thought I'd hit rock bottom and really made some decent changes. I was able to lose around 60 pounds from April of 2012 to May of 2013. It was HARD WORK, but I felt amazing (though I still wanted to lose 40ish more pounds). I got into a relationship with a guy who was really worth my time, however... comfort caused me to relapse back into eating poorly and not sticking with a solid exercise regimen.
Now, here I am in 2015 with nothing to show for my previous hard work. I've gained all of my weight back (plus more... just not sure how much more). I have finally hit my breaking point and can no longer sit back during what should be some of the best years of my life. I'm horribly depressed. This weight really controls my life-- I avoid social situations, I shy away from pictures, and I am too embarrassed to meet my boyfriend's (of almost two years) friends for fear of judgement. My goal (other than losing my weight) has always been to become a nutritionist and work with others who are struggling... but I can't do this until I've conquered my own problems. I know what I have to do in terms of lifestyle change-- eating healthy, exercising, etc. My biggest downfall, however, is myself. I constantly tell myself "Okay, tomorrow we will pick up where we left off!" etc. and then fail to follow through. I also feel like living with my boyfriend really does a number on me, mentally and physically. He's 26 and can eat anything, anytime, with no visible repercussions. For some reason or another, I've convinced myself I should be able to eat like that as well. I need help.
I guess I've come here just for some support, to find others like me, and to be part of this amazing, positive community. I've always lurked, but I think now is the time to vocalize all of the things I struggle internally with in a positive, non-destructive manner. I've already admit to myself that I can't do this on my own, so I look forward to befriending others who have started this journey for themselves.

Excited to finally do this. 2015 will be my year. Looking forward to meeting you all.
finallyready15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:05 PM   #2  

Default Newbie

Hello,

Years ago I followed the Sugarbuster program and was it was very successful for me, i let it down and gained the weight back and then some. So here I am looking for answers and support. I have chosen to follow the Sugarbuster WOE since it worked for me so well before. Hopefully, i can work well for it this time. Looking forward to meeting and talking with you all.

~B
bprudhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 266/175/150

Height: 5 foot 1

Good luck. I hope you all manage to get your program in control and live better each day
GreekFit is offline   Reply With Quote