Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-07-2015, 06:24 PM   #1  

Red face I need help shedding these pounds

Hi Everyone
So, I used to be a great size and then i turned super lazy for too long and gained 2 stone or more and now I am desperate to shed it.
I've started the year out by eating healthy, I mean all fresh fruit, veg, rice, homecooked meals, no treats, no sweets, just water etc. Plus I've been doing about 3 hours a week on the exercise bike and also have a leg/arm toner thing I use and do other exercises.
But nothing seems to be really doing anything, yes I have noticed some weight loss form my face and neck but nothing really and I'm starting to get disheartened, big time. I feel like I need to see some positive change to motivate me to continue because I feel a bit like giving up now... But I know I'm super unhappy with how I look.

Does any one have any tips or advice to try shed pounds quicker? Is there any supplement that added to a healthy lifestyle can boost weight loss? I remember trying CLA before and it seemed to work but it costs quite a bit and I am broke. Should I return to CLA or is there something better??

Anyway, any tips or tricks from people who have been there would be great, thanks!! Also, any extra healthy foods people can recommend would be good too.
harelyshrinkme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/175/150

Height: 5 foot 1

Hi harelyshrinkme. I've been there. Losing weight fast was my goal and did exactly that - 86 lbs in 5 months; the price was loose skin and a little malnourished. My greatest advice is eating clean foods, non processed. When losing weight, keeping on the muscle and continuing to gain the muscle will help burn more fat. According to doctors I still have a high bmi, but I have more lean muscle than fat. The number doesn't mattee or how fast you lose it. Getting rid if fat is key. If you need any help, please feel free to contact me anytime
GreekFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/157/132

Hi harelyshrinkme,
Would you please tell me some information then I can help you:
- Do you have children, dogs?
- How much is your weight now?
- How about your work? I mean are you working in office building?

Cheers.
caokycuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:36 AM   #4  

Losing weight is actually not that difficult its actually persistence that is needed
killbill99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/185/135

Height: 5'2

There isn't any. You can raise your BMR and look leaner with strength training. But your body can only let go of a certain amount of fat per week. For most people I think it's about 1% of your total weight. Anything more, and you're either
1) Being very unhealthy and hurting your body
2) Dropping water and muscle, not fat

Sorry, no shortcuts in life.
LettuceDoThis is offline   Reply With Quote