Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-02-2015, 01:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211

Height: 5'3

Default Love from San Francisco! (Hey everyone)

Hey everyone!

My name is Mona.

I'm 25 and hoping to make a change this year. After college, I've gained weight really quickly. Within the last year, I've found out that I have PCOS and that I have lactose intolerance, gluten and soy sensitivity, and a shitload of excuses. I successfully lost weight doing a strict paleo plan which I hope to return to slowly versus doing it cold turkey.

I come from a huge family who, if you're middle eastern/asian/south asian will understand are very blunt and will say things to your face. The area I live in alone is full of skinny cousins who are constantly putting me down, making rude comments, and compliment me more when I'm gaining weight. Even as adults, they act like catty teenagers that I let bully me.

I hope I can find support and reminders to keep going. Hopefully, get healthier for vanity reasons but also because I do want children eventually and was told by my doctor to increase the chance, I need to lose weight now which really is what's motivating me as well.

I hope to find someone (or many someones, lol) to keep in constant contact with and keep me in check and vice versa. Whether it's a supporting messaging, photos of scale-check-in etc.

On May 17th, I'll be forced to face my entire family who I've been avoiding some months, others years because of the embarrassment of my weight. We are invited to a wedding and I want find a nice dress to wear and look and feel beautiful...

Wish me luck xx
SayNoToNaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:04 AM   #2  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

Welcome to the forum, Mona!! My best friend is Asian and her family and friends of the family are very rude to her about her weight too. It causes her a lot of unhappiness and stress as well. So I understand where you're coming from. There are so many wonderful members here and many are willing to share their support, experiences and knowledge. I've recently found that joining one of forums numerous threads about getting to a goal by the next holiday (in this case Valentines Day) helps keep me accountable and on track. I wish you the best with your losses!

Last edited by Jesslan Rose; 01-02-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 211

Height: 5'3

I'll check out thT thread thank you
SayNoToNaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/166/128

Height: 5'5

Salam Mona!

I am not positive, but I have an inkling your persian? I love love love persian food and culture and have persian friends, many of whom have the name Mona, so thats why I am making an assumption. If I am incorrect please forgive me!

However, back to culture in general, I know exactly what you are describing when you are speaking of the family and extended family being blunt and enjoying it when you are not looking your best. My friend Mojgan had gained weight off and on, and her sister loved it when she was overweight, but as soon as Mojgan lost weight her sister started being rude to her, likely out of jealousy. Either way, whether your persian or not, you are human, and I can understand you! I hope you find that you get a lot of support here at this forum. I just joined myself and I hope too- to make friends and keep in touch a long the way!

Cheers! You can do this!!

Johanna
Pete veritatem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/192/140

Height: 5'2"

Hey Mona,
I am sorry your family is so rude about your weight. I have also had family put me down about my weight and it really hurts. I wish you much success in your weight loss journey!
ohclementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:08 PM   #6  
Mandy

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'5'' or 165cm

Hi Mona! Really glad you're investing in your health, you go!
Oh, man, do I know. You can't even get rid of the sarcasm and just stay away from the trouble. It can serve as good motivation, though!
Aw that's so sweet! Good on you, thinking of your future in every way. I know you'll look great at the wedding, anyway, but it doesn't hurt to drop a couple of jaws, right?
Good luck! ^^
wendybirdx is offline   Reply With Quote