Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-20-2014, 05:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/164/140

Height: 5'5

Unhappy Gained 60 pounds in about 8 months.. back again

Hey everyone!

I'm Bunni. I used to lurk these forums when I was struggling with a much lower weight than I have now.
I have severe depression and with the meds and lack of exercise I gained about 60 pounds in less than a year. I'm not sure how I let it get this far.
But I'm back!

I have already lost 10 pounds recently by eating a healthier diet, but I still need to get my exercise routine up and running again.

I'd like to weigh 140 even though my lowest weight was 115 about a year ago. (I have a small frame)

I also have severe stretchmarks from my rapid weight gain. But that's a different story.

I look forward to being apart of this community.

Last edited by Bunni; 11-20-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Bunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Hi Bunni, and welcome (or welcome back, I guess!). Sorry to see no-one has responded to you yet. Things have weirdly slowed down a bit on here but I'm sure they'll pick up again once everyone's done with holiday arrangements and travel.

That's great that you've lost 10 pounds already, and whipped your diet into shape. That's a way more important thing than exercise, for losing weight, as far as I can tell. For the first part of my weight loss I've decided not to bother with exercise, except for my regular commute to work (I walk, 20 mins each way)... so far it's working just fine for me. But I might want to tone up a bit once I'm closer to goal. I find if I try to impose an exercise routine I get off track with my diet much more easily.

140 sounds like a good goal. And it'll be easy to change your mind once you get there, if you decide to lose more.

Keep up the great progress! I'm rooting for you!

As an aside, I've been clinically depressed and it's rough, so, I want you to know I get it, and I've gotten better, and I know you can as well. A lot of it is just slogging through it and staring at the wall doing nothing when that's all you can do. I think one thing that helped me with certain tasks (not everything, mind you), was reminding myself that since it doesn't matter whether I do a thing, I might as well do it... I guess to prove it doesn't matter. Mostly that was for mindless things like showering and doing exercise (hiking, in my case)... it didn't work so well for thinking tasks.

Anyway, not sure if you're having the same issues I was, but, regardless, I hope things are going okay, and that your meds have been helpful.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote