Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-21-2014, 04:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 246/246/190

Height: 5'7"

Default Hello to everyone!

Hello everyone!

I’m very happy to be here and hopefully we can help each other out and lose some darn pounds ! I’m in my 30’s and my weight is not even close to what I would like. I want to lose 50-60 pounds in the near future. I’m not in a hurry, but I don’t want to stagnate. I’ve been postponing doing something about my weight for a long time and this affected my self esteem.
sally007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/177/175

Height: 5'7

Welcome, Sally! I'm also in my 30's, similar weight/height. You can do this! You've been the best/most important thing, which is start. Best to you on your journey. And no rush-- it's taken a good while for the pieces to fall into place for me.
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Yes welcome Sally,

I love, love, love this site! The most important thing I'm learning from all the wonderful people here is to take it slow and realize this is a change in my behaviors and lifestyle, not a "diet". Instead of trying to quit all my trigger foods at once, I'm doing a little at a time, so I don't feel deprived and end up binging.

If I slip and eat something I'm trying to avoid, I'm not beating myself up. I'm just getting back on track and not "giving up" just because I'm not perfect at it. I'm reminding myself I cannot lose weight overnight or magically. I'm being patient, kind, and loving to myself.

I've lost 4 lbs. in 3 weeks and I'm 55. I'm sure you've heard the older you are the harder it is? Well, I thought something was wrong with me and that I just "couldn't" lose weight anymore. It was a little tough starting, but I just took one day at a time. I've been exercising 4 - 5 days a week for 3 weeks and now I'm starting to love it and feeling great!

Best of luck to you. The people here are amazing!
AshliRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 246/246/190

Height: 5'7"

@Scout83 - Thank you for the warm welcome!

@AshliRose - You are so right about not beating yourself up about eating some "forbidden" food! I congratulate you on losing 4lbs. which I think is pretty sweet, no matter the age ! I'm looking forward to losing some myself.

Thanks to both of you of "getting me in the game" and hope we can help each other along the way!
sally007 is offline   Reply With Quote