Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/175/150

Height: 5'6

Default I feel like dieting is never ending:(

Hi everyone!! So been dieting pretty much all my life and believe it or not after I have had 5 kids I lost a lot of weight 260 to 190 to be exact and now I have been stuck at 190 for about 2 yrs. I feel like after I had my kids I had so much energy and within the last year seems my energy levels go down every month. Does anyone have any advice on how to keep the energy levels up? Also has anyone ever use Detox Teas? if so which ones do u like and how do they make you feel? I'm destine to get to my goal this time of 150 by June. Trying hard to eat right and workout 4 days a week atleast 45 mins a day. Will see how it goes
Andrea1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:36 AM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome! You definitey have to find a way to eat that you can happily live with for your whole life -- because taking care of your health (and your weight is only one part of that) is a life-long task.

I don't know anything about detox teas, sorry, though I will say I'm not really a fan of the whole idea of "detox" as our bodies already do a bang-up job removing toxins and wastes etc.

I hope you stick around with us and join the community! Good luck to you!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Cleansing teas are either diuretics or laxatives, so the only thing they cleanse you of is water, waste and nutrients (especially important minerals).

Unnecessary and possibly detrimental, because your body will naturally remove the water and waste without removing too much water and without removing the nutrients.

As to dieting:

Yep, it is never-ending, because whenever I end it, or even let up, I gain. I don't always lose when I'm being careful, but I always gain when I am not.

I maintain alot more often than I lose, so I had two choices, give up and get fatter and fatter, or learn to see even maintaining (nongaining) as success just as much as losing.

And nongaining is it's own tremendous, awesome, amazing success in it's own right.

I could focus on the 30 lbs I regained (and am now losing again) in the last year. Or I can be proud of the 85 I've kept off for the past decade. Or I could just be damned happy, proud and grateful that my last twelve years of dieting prevented me from reaching 500 lbs, which I'm sure I would have reached, and maybe exceeded if I hadn't been careful.

Your numbers may be different, but you can pprobably say the same thing about the numbers.

Dieting is as permanent as you want the results to be. When you get discouraged, DON'T think of the weight you still want to lose - and think not only of the weight you HAVE lost, but also of the extra weight you might be carrying if you had given up.

This can be difficult, made even harder by the fact that some kinds of dieting can actually lead to weight gain. You can't rewind your life to see how non-dieting would have changed things, but odds are, it's not so great unless you're naturally slim, athletic, and never eat junk (which is really still a diet).

You can't do away with diets, because you're always on one, whether you're aware of it or not. You can either be on a healthful diet or an unhealthful diet, so you might as well make it a conscious choice.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:50 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6.5"

Welcome Andrea! Well the amazing thing is that you kept your weight off!! I can't seem to do that as well......Good Luck with your journey to take some more off!
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote