Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-28-2014, 10:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/280/140

Height: 5'1

Default Hello from Tennessee

Hi all, brand new to this site and looking for support/motivation. I'm Erica, soon to be 40 with about 140 pounds to lose. I've been overweight since childhood but am determined to be healthy! Any support would be nice. If you're looking for a buddy, let me know!
ewallace75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/314/160

Height: 5'10"

Hi!

I'm here for support too. I just joined today (10/29/2014) and have about 160 lbs to lose. I'm 32, weight issues since I was small. Anyway, I'll be joining the local rec center with my husband before the end of the year and am confident that is what it will take for me to finally (FINALLY!!!) get this weight off! Work hard! You can do it!
Bllondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:58 AM   #3  

Hi Bllondy, are you following any specific weight loss program?
Old 11-03-2014, 08:43 AM   #4  

Hey! I don't have a program I'm following other than exercise and keeping sugar and processed foods out of my diet. My husband and I are working toward only eating real food, which means a lot more fruit and veggies. One thing we do every morning (haven't recently but are trying to get back into it) is make a fruit and veggie smoothie for breakfast. We'll add flax seed most times too. Good stuff. No particular recipe. Just whatever we have in the fridge. We have found we really like adding cilantro and lime to the smoothies. They're pretty strong flavored, but we like them and our bodies thrive on them! Hope that all made sense!
Old 11-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #5  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Hey Bllondy....I am back for the umpteenth time here. I am just recovering from back surgery and MUST get this weight off now. I am 10 years older than you, but we started at about the same weight. Good luck to you!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #6  

Hey "Had Enough"..your name reminded me of something my pastor has said on numerous occasions. He says, "When you're sick and tired of being sick and tired, that is when change will happen." I guess for me I have never gotten to the point of desperation with my weight.. I make excuses and have the opposite mentality of an anorexic person.. When I look at myself in the mirror, I know just how to stand and position myself so that I don't look as big as I am.. But when I see pictures of myself.. that's where the appalling truth comes out and I'm not very happy.. which usually results in eating. Anyway, good luck to you but most of all, may your resolve to lose weight and keep it off stay strong thru the rest of your life!
Old 11-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #7  

Hi. I'm in TN too. Welcome to 3FC! Getting yourself in the mindset to lose weight is the first step, and the most important in my opinion. You CAN do this. And for the days when you don't think you can, this website is a great support system.
2fat2jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 282/SeeTicker/160

Welcome Erica! I am from Bowling Green Kentucky so we are pretty close. Good luck!
amylynnehicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:18 AM   #9  

2fat2jump am I seeing correctly that you have lost 140lbs??? GREAT JOB!! That is about how much I need to lose. Are you following a specific program at all...please tell me all your secrets lol.

Hi Amy, yep we aren't to far apart, good luck to you as well! Drop me a line anytime!