Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-28-2014, 01:50 AM   #1  

Default Hi from New Zealand!

Hi everyone .

My name is Emma, I'm 18, and I joined because I really need and want to lose a fair bit of weight. I currently weigh 130kgs (286lbs), and would ideally want to lose 40-50kgs.

I have PCOS and suspected Celiacs (will be confirmed yes or no on the 14th of Nov).

Anyway, a little bit about me, I live at home with mum (she has bowel cancer so I spend a fair bit of time supporting her in various ways), I work at a local supermarket and hopefully soon a local rest home. I have two cats and a gorgeous border collie x pointer dog. I currently have no idea what I want to do with my life, so I'm kinda in a bit of limbo right now, which is making it super hard to conjure up any motivation to do anything.
kiwicowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/241.2/170

Height: 5'5

Hi Emma! Welcome! I haven't been a member of this site for very long but I find all of the posts I read to be very motivating when I feel like eating bad foods or giving up.

As far as finding motivation, I think you should try different things to find something that you're passionate about. For me, I really want to stop shopping in the plus size section so that has been a huge driver in my weight loss journey.

Good luck and know that there's always support here!
DivineDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 253/253/149

Height: 170cm/ 5 ft 7in

Hey Emma!
You sound like an amazing person! I;m new here too and I have to lose about 30 kg. I also have PCOS so I know how frustrating a condition it is!!
Have you read any of the books by Jennie Brand Miller ? Managing PCOS etc?
I found them to be quite useful.
Anyway looking forward to seeing you around the forums
Golda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Hi from Manukau Emma.
I don't come in here often, (even though i should lol.
Came in to find someone that would be eating the same sort of food I would. Kiwi food .(Weetbix, marmite) etc lol,Currently trying to make up a menu for a week. Not really good at it. Just joined one of those 24 hour Jetts gyms. So far so good, haven't killed myself.That dog sounds like a good way to get some exercise in now that the sun finally coming out.
Hope to see you around the site.
Just read your page, your dogs name is the same as mine Molly, but mines only bout 3 months old, and still looks like a fluffly slipper.Most of the time I have to carry her lol WOW

Last edited by MaryL; 10-31-2014 at 02:46 PM.
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:36 PM   #5  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Hi Emma - another kiwi here too!

It is a wonderful site with awesome support if you find a thread thats a good fit for you, just keep coming back and you'll get into the groove. Goodluck with everything, sounds like you have alot on your plate.

I got sick of converting kg into pound so I just do pounds on this site lol
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/145/160

Height: 5'10

hi emma. Make your dog your workout buddy! they always support you
Calicofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:24 AM   #7  

Got everything ready to take to work tomorrow.
2 eggs and a orange, coffee for breakfast.Weird combo, I know, but some time ago I read that it takes more cals for digest a egg that's what is in the egg.And I need the protein for a gym workout. No doubt I will up the water intake while I''m there.Home made pork fried rice with a bit of salad and tomato, for lunch. Thinking bout what I can eat for dinner, mmmmm nothing coming to mind yet.
10 minutes later......... after vacantly staring into fridge, and getting told off by hubby for wasting power lol, only thing coming to mind is a stirfry of some kind.
Really need more ideas for daily meals.
actuality I feel quite good, just having a plan for the day.
workin on it. Have a great day people.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #8  
★ Kelly ★

S/C/G: flawsome

Height: 5' 5

Preparation and planning is totally the key Maryl! Willpower is overated.

I'm on a fast day so will cook for the men and boys in my life and have poached eggs and asparagus with one piece of good old vogels toast for me. At least we are coming into summer so lots of salads and nice fruit about, into fish at the moment too lol. Well its suppose to be spring, raining currently!
MissLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:23 AM   #9  

Prep is the best, lol. I had a good day. Tried the fast diet didn't last very long, and then found out I could have 500 cals in the day lol. Might try it another time.
Popping over now to general diets, and see what I can find. Used to do
WW but never really got anywhere, I'm just going to hang out and see what happens, Come on over.