Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-03-2014, 07:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/SeeTicker/160

Default New and Nervous!

Hi everyone, my name is AmyLynne and I am new to these message boards. I have PCOS, and been trying to lose weight for what seems like my whole life I am about 270 right now and I would like to loose 100 pounds.

I am a recent college graduate, now I'm attending graduate school with a job working with clients with mental illness in a short-term residential facility. I really like my job.

I am really nervous to join the forums and introduce myself. I want to crawl up in a hole and deal with loosing weight (and everything else!) all by myself, and I just can't anymore. And not a single one of my friends is overweight like I am, so when they offer to work out with me, they don't understand how much I can't keep up. It's embarrassing and I hate it.

One of my friends is getting married in about two years, and I realized that if I don't loose a significant amount of weight, I won't fit into the bridesmaids dresses she wants to pick. That scares me. I don't want to be excluded from the wedding party because I can't fit into a dress.

So anyway, I am looking for encouragement and I am very scared. But I know I need help to get where I want to be. So here I am!

Last edited by amylynnehicks; 10-03-2014 at 07:18 PM.
amylynnehicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #2  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

Talking

Hi Amy! This is such a wonderfully supportive family!! You definitely won't be alone here. I don't have a single friend in my area and my family is a half hour away so my exercising and walks are done only with my dog. LOL If you ever want or need to chat feel free to PM me. Good luck!!
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/SeeTicker/160

Thanks Jesslan Rose! I appreciate it!
amylynnehicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

Welcome! You'll find a lot of support here and most people will probably get you more than you might be expecting. I get how slightly overweight people don't get how simply walking 5 minutes can be a terrible experience if you have a lot of weight to lose. It hurts a lot... i used to have a hard time breathing.... i'm short, so my biggest weight did not seen all that high for many people, but i was morbidly obese. Good luck and i hope you like it here. I love the challenges, they help me stay motivated.
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! These forms have been the key to my success. I post every day and even when it seems so hard I just keep trying. I really love that I can have friends along this journey and yet be anonymous and not burdening my own friends and family.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote