Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-29-2014, 09:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/167/150

Height: 5'8''

Default Every journey needs a whacky sidekick!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and to forums in general. I'm only surprised it took me so long to finally seek this place out. Be my friend!

I'm sure my whole "deal" is much the same as yours. Saw myself on a path of unhappiness and ill heath, suddenly found the motivation to make a change. Etc.

I chose the Dukan diet, which has worked for me in the past (for as long as I followed it, at least), and began a workout regimen combining cardio and a personal trainer. I intend to start adding yoga, and I'd like to get back into dance once or twice a week. However I typically work 10-hour days, so we'll see where all this time comes from.

I've lost a bit since I began a few weeks ago, from my face, which is good, and my boobs, which is upsetting. Every freakin time. I go down a couple of pounds and suddenly I've got no boobs and a big fat stomach. That's my main battleground, by the way, stomach and back.

I was down to 166 last week, and then one weekend with family and suddenly RIGHT back to 171. 2 weeks to lose, 2 days to pack back on. I could kill someone, I could really kill someone.

My main obstacle right now is I have no one to speak to about my current journey. Nobody I know is in my position, which is strange, right? You'd think at least ONE other person... Anyway. This is something I'm just not comfortable sharing with the people in my life. I don't want to create expectations. And more importantly, I know if I open the door to talking about it, I'll never stop talking about it, and I'll suddenly become "diet girl" around the office and in my social group. And I don't want yet ANOTHER thing to monitor and restrict.

It's starting to wear on me. My mood is starting to buckle. The cravings are becoming REALLY intense. I'm so worried I'll just fall backwards into the same habits as before. I almost want to. Chiiiiips. But the consequences of doing so are terrifying to me. For one, my depression has become manageable since I began this process, and the rebound would be disastrous. And for another, I've already yo-yo'd about three times and I'm not even 25 yet. Ridiculous.

I'm a single gal, I'm not really responsible for anyone except for myself, so I completely understand that I've got it way easier than most of you ladies (who, by the way, are heroes. I admire you like you don't even know.) I SHOULD be able to do this. I would LOVE to share the journey with you. I'll be your whacky sidekick!
ShellCottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:03 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back. I am a returner myself. Sounds like you have a good food and exercise plan. Best of luck to you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #3  
Shape Shifter

S/C/G: 196/188.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello Shell! I love your attitude, girl.

Yes, for sure food plays a major role in good mental health. My mood swings sink dangerously low when I play too much with sugar.

I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Welcome!
Dana 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/167/150

Height: 5'8''

Thanks for the encouragement ladies! I had a great day today, this support stuff really DOES help!
ShellCottage is offline   Reply With Quote