Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-12-2014, 04:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/272/150

Height: 5'9"

Default **35 yo 272/272/150 - 15 yrs of yo-yo dieting ***

Hello everyone,

I'm happy that I found this place. I'll tell you a little about myself, I'm 35 years old and I have been struggling with my weight since I was 15. I've tried plenty of diets but I always give in to hunger, and once I binge I feel the need to just keep on binging because why not? I already messed up. Not a smart way to think whatsoever.

I eventually decided to do something about it, because at that point I only needed to lose about 30 pounds. I lost the weight when I was 19, I weighed in at 135 pounds at 5'9" and I looked amazing. Unfortunately I was not able to maintain my weight. I ballooned up to 215, and then from there it has been yo-yo dieting. I am 35 now, and weigh in at 272 (my heaviest).

I've done Atkins, and I would also like to hear from others who have been successful on the plan so I can get some support and ideas.

The latest thing that I tried was 'New Direction', a medically supervised program. After spending over 1k, I find out that I'm possibly allergic to the meal replacements. After taking the 3rd meal replacement for the day I ended up bloating badly and having horrible cramping, along with being nauseous. Not a good way to start with my weight loss journey.

After speaking with my nutritionist, I was hoping to get some helpful insight from her - nope. My only option was to cancel the program. I also found out, at that moment, that I was not able to return the food even though I was allergic (this diet was a very expensive mistake for me). I'm sure that the diet itself is a great tool in regards to weight loss; however, I am so disappointed with the staff that I dealt with.

I can't begin to explain the heartache that I felt, I literally cried. I was so happy thinking to myself "this is it, I'm going to finally get the help that I need!" Unfortunately that was not the case.

My problems with dieting is that I have so much to lose, but when you lose a pound or less a week it is definitely very disheartening. I mean, after 15 years of yo-yo dieting - I need help.

Thank you to those who have read this post.

Biki
Biki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/177/175

Height: 5'7

Hi Biki,

I can't offer any guidance on Atkins, but I do want to say welcome! I've found 3FC very helpful as I take off the pounds. The forums under "Diet Central" will probably be full of useful advice for you with regards to specific diets. Welcome, again
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:14 AM   #3  
Eater of All Cakes

S/C/G: 214/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi! Unfortunately, I can't offer any guidance on that particular diet either; however, I can offer my support! We are all here for the same reason and can push each other on. Good luck!
SophiasMom is offline   Reply With Quote