Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-02-2014, 11:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/316/150

Default At my heaviest Point

Hello,

My name is Amanda I live in Ottawa Ontario Canada, and I weighed myself this weekend and I am at my heaviest of 320 lbs. I am only 5 feet tall, so I look terrible.

Anyways I'm here to lose weight, and to hopefully find someone to help, as it seems the health industry here only cares if you are thin.
Amandalg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #2  

Welcome Amanda!
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #3  
MaryKay

S/C/G: 230/221/175

Height: 5'11

I was skeptical when I joined this sight, but it is actually really helpful to know there are people out there who know what your going through. Good luck!!
MaryKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Welcome to the forum. Lots of motivation and support so sink in your teeth and soak it up.

Best wishes in your WOE.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 229/205.6/165

Height: 5'4"

Hey Amanda!! I'm also in Ottawa Good luck with everything, if ever you want to chat about anything specifically "Ottawa", hit me up!
Side note, although it's hard to focus on not feeling like like you "look terrible", it's important to make overall health and fitness your first goal - and the feelings about your looks will follow!
kaybee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/182/155

Height: 5'8

WELCOME
df180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 320/316/150

Default Thanks for the warm welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am still navigating forums and seeing where I fit in.

Amanda
Amandalg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #8  
Optifaster

S/C/G: 355/*Pokes tracker*/185

Height: 5'1

Hey Amanda!

I started out at 355 and I'm only 5'1 so I feel you on that one!!! ALSO from Ottawa and am always kicking around if ever you need someone to talk to or some motivation etc

Have you asked your doctor about getting referred to the Ottawa Weight Management clinic? They have a wonderful program for people losing weight (it's what I'm currently doing.. So far after 5 weeks on program I've lost 29 lbs!!!)

Keep in mind, I'm not saying that's the ONLY way to lose weight.. I just know for me it's been a LIFE SAVER and I can't recommend it enough to anyone who is looking for some help. The medical staff are beyond caring, the whole clinic is set up to make overweight people feel at home and comfortable, and they even will help you find dentists/eye doctors yadda yadda that are "fat friendly" if you're looking for someone. They have this huge roll-a-dex of people they've personally vetted as being caring and understanding towards our needs.

Good luck with everything. You GOT THIS!!!! Try not to focus on the number.. it's all the little things that count. I stopped needing a cane, and it's the best feeling in the WORLD!
Fawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 85/85/55

Height: 170

Hello Amanda!! Welcome!! I am new too!!Let's make friends and help each other! I started only 3 days ago but already soooo proud of myself) you decided to change your life and this is the main thing!! You can always come for my support! Good luck!
Gingerjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 315

Height: 5'3

Welcome amanda, I am new as well and also pretty near my heaviest weight. Its sure time to stop waiting and do something so I thought this site might provide some much needed support.
gonyeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:20 AM   #11  

Hi Amanda,
Writing from Canada. I want you to know that you will find lots of motivation here. This is a nice forum. Read the success story section. There are lots of inspirational stories. Keep your focus on what you want and you will get it. I have never been really so fat, but I had a terrible belly fat problem and I am on my way to a terrific shape. Never give up on yourself.
Best wishes.
Med1980 is offline   Reply With Quote