Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185.4/185.4/125

Height: 5'2

Talking hi there

Hi Everyone

I am going to start slowly trying to diet, then transition into all healthy organic non processed foods. I have a few questions but I guess first I should introduce myself. I am 24 I just got married the second week of May so still kind of in the honeymoon phase lol. I am a CNA however I try not to work because i have anxiety and CNA work makes me extra anxious. Ok enough about me and to the questions I am thinking about trying almond &/or soy milk is there any suggestions which is better maybe explain the taste and the texture as both are kind of a make it break it thing for me. Also has anyone ate hummus what is it like i have seen it and it doesnt look to appealing but on a lot of sample meal plans this is the go to snack food i dont like greek yogurt no matter how much i try. Has anyone had champagne vinaigrette or any other vinaigrettes? Taste? Also does anyone around the KC metro area know of some health food grocery stores besides whole foods and trader joes

Thanks so much
hlb2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:55 AM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hi there! Welcome to the site!

I love Almond milk (soy milk is just ok to me), hummus (yum yum yum!), and vinaigrette of all kinds (especially balsamic)! I'm vegan, and these are staples that I eat ALOT.

I think, however, you will have to try them yourself to see if you like them.

Also, you can have a complete healthy way of eating that doesn't include ANY of those foods. I mean, just for variety's sake and the spice of life it might be nice if you tried them at one point or another, but I wouldn't feel like you've got to start eating them in order to lose weight!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 85/85/55

Height: 170

Hello!! Welcome! I am new here too) Let's make friends;-) My huuuge congratulations with your wedding!! Honey moon is good, but be careful with too much of sweet;-))haha) joking) I like almost all kinds of vinaigrette. I've been to Israel and hummus for me is really....disgusting(( but it is for me! you should try everything yourself and chose)

Last edited by Gingerjv; 06-05-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Gingerjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:57 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

A real hummus lover here! it's high in protein and has good quality carbs. and as Pattience pointed out, goes with just about everything. I've even spooned it over rice. One of my favorite lunches: chopped cucumber and tomato with hummus mixed in instead of dressing.

You can add other things to it. If you whir some roasted peppers into it, it turns a nice red, and is a little sweeter. You can add extra garlic, or some onion, or olives [a bit high in fat, though].

and you don't have to eat greek yogurt [even though i consider it a necessity]. Regular yogurt might taste better to you, but please be careful of the sugar and other additives no matter what type you settle on. Greek yogurt has much more protein than regular yogurt, and that's one of the reasons it's become more popular.

no matter what you decide, make sure that your changes are ones that you can live with. You're doing this for your health - if you think of it as a punishment, it'll be harder to get through.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote