Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-13-2014, 03:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 292/292/224

Default Newbie saying hello

Hi everyone, I'm new to this so wanted to let you all know a little about me. I'm currently 20stone and 19.4pounds! At 29 years old I know how much of a problem my weight has become. So I have decided enough is enough and yesterday wasthe first day of my journey to the new, slimmer, healthier and (most importantly) happier me!

As well as joining this community I have set up a blog where I plan to keep track of everything from my weight loss, things I eat and drink, exercise how I feel etc etc. You can see my personal blog here: halfthewomen.blogspot .co. uk

Please check it out and share your experiences and views with me both here and over at my blog. I am sure that online support will be the key to my success, this was defiantly the case 14 months ago when I finally managed to quit smoking.

I need to loose 9 stone to be at the upper end of healthy for me but at the moment I am looking to loose 4 and a half stone by 19th December 2014, this works out at 2 pounds a week. I have chosen this date as I am flying out to Thailand for Christmas and New Year so seems like a good thing to aim for.
mpearson84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:11 AM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Hi.

Thanks for showing me how much 20 stone is. I have no clue about pounds as i grew up thinking in stones and now i understand kilograms but its only this website that i have to understand pounds but i never look up many stones it is.

Anyway, Good on you for starting. And i wish you much success on your journey. Food diarising is a very good idea it has helped me a ot.

I also found that quitting smoking gave me insights into how to give up weight. But i gave up smoking a long time ago. Congratulations on doing that. I quit 17 years ago and have never had one since. that's the key to my success there.

Feel welcome to share what you eat on our daily breakfast, daily lunch, daily dinner threads. I think they are in the food forum.

I tend not to read blogs. I wish more people food diarised here. But anyway i am sure you will get plenty of support here. Having your holiday goal will be motivating too but then you will have to be sure you don't fall into your old habits when you are on holiday as it could all come unstuck if you stop then. Try at least to maintain the same weight while you are away.

Well good luck.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:43 PM   #3  

welcome! I'm new too! maybe we can encourage each other.
saharatea is offline   Reply With Quote