Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #1  
Motivated member

S/C/G: 310/259/147

Height: 5'6

Default 280lbs and sick of it!

Hi all
Just a quick intro as I'll be heading to bed soon
Im Hannah, Im 23, from the UK and I am a massive 280lbs!
I've pretty much struggled with weight and think I followed the eating habits of the brother when he was younger. Anyway apparently for my 5'6 height a healthy and ideal weight would be 140lbs.

I'll be heading to South Africa for an internship on May 31st for 3 months, while I know Im not going to lose a massive amount of weight in that time literally any form of weight loss will make me feel so much better and will kick start my mentality while Im away.

Im currently a student so money and exercise are not something we are renowned for

Will be starting my healthy eating and exercising from tomorrow so I need all the help and support that I can get. I've recently pretty much 100% cut out all fizzy drinks and Im trying to drink 2L of water a day.

My main problem seems to be night time snacking so I really need help in this area!
Hannahb3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:42 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannahb3232 View Post
My main problem seems to be night time snacking
When you are tired and your willpower is depleted?

At 4.3 weeks/month, figure you can lose 2 to 8 lbs per month but members here have done more.

Last edited by Wobbly; 04-13-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #3  
Comes with Warning Label

S/C/G: 17st3/15st2/14st

Height: 5ft 7

Welcome ! I am like you and I've accepted that I need a strict regime to be able to lose weight so I am doing the Cambridge diet and it works for me. 30 lbs in about 12 weeks. Could have been more all in all it's a loss. This forum is great. All sorts of diets for diffrent ppl. Have a browse! You are bound to find something for your lifestyle. Xxx Sorrow
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/260/140

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Hanna. I am 24 years old and currently 260 at 5'7". I seem to struggle with night time snacking as well. Its just me and my daughter at home and I seem to get lonely after she goes to bed and that's where I start snacking on anything I can get my hands on. I am trying to stay motivated to lose weight for the summer time so I can feel confident wearing a tank top since I always cover up my body. I wish you the best of luck and if you need to chat Im here! its nice to know I am not the only 20 something female struggling with this.
slowcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:06 PM   #5  

Here's some numbers for a monthly weight loss in lbs from this forum, to serve as benchmarks. People who gained or whose weight did not change are not included.

I searched Google with

"3 fat chicks" month

in the search box.

One of the 3 lbs is me.

So, for instance, if you lost 18 lbs in a month you did better than 5 out of 7 members.

I'd like more monthly weight changes, including zero, if anyone can supply them. The more datapoints the more the data represents all members.

I'd also like yearly changes if anyone can supply them.

Muchas gracias, vielen danke.

Last edited by Wobbly; 04-14-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 360/255/160

Height: 5'6

Hello!

You say that you are starting your healthy lifestyle. I hope that includes calorie counting! I can not stress it enough how important it is for you to know what is going in your body. You would be surprised how much weight you maintain from small things! Do you use any type of calorie counter?

Also, for the snacking that is hard! What are you ideal things to snack on? Do you like fruit or popcorn? Fruit gets tricky because it is LOADED with sugar and carbs. But popcorn with little to no butter is great. A cup of popcorn is low in calories and satisfies the snacking motion since it takes ages to eat each piece one by one. Also you could drink decaf tea when you get cravings. And then do a little exercise. By the end of the workout I am to tired to be hungry! lol

I hope I have been a help at least a little
neaty521 is offline   Reply With Quote