Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-07-2014, 02:35 PM   #1  
It's 2014, I need help!

S/C/G: 298/298/180

Red face 30 year old new Mom here! Looking for support and advice

Hi everyone!!

As you can see, my name says 2006, that's how long it's been since I joined here! And it's sad (funny, crazy, etc) that I thought I was considered fat then. I compare myself to now and think, goodness gracious what I wouldn't do to be that thin again!!!

I'm a new Mom to an amazing 6.5 month old. I'm currently off work, and really want to maximize the last few months of my leave to buckle down, lose some serious weight and get healthy. I have an awesome hubby who would also like to lose his gut, however I know that in order for either of us to be successful I need to spearhead this new lifestyle and get moving.

Where do I start? I'm currently 298, no specific goals as to what I would like to weigh 5 months. I just want to see legit progress and feel better all around. I've wasted countless years of my life being too afraid to do things because of my weight. I LOVE swimming, but I haven't put a bathing suit on in 15+ years, I love to be outside in the summer, but I haven't put on a pair of shorts in at least 15 years. I don't want my son to see me afraid and think that kind of mindset is ok. I want to be able to swim with him whenever he wants, wherever we decide. I want to run around in the park with him and play baseball, while wearing summer appropriate clothing, not long pants because I hate my legs.

So, that's me in a nutshell. If anyone is looking for a new buddy, someone honest and straightforward than I'm your gal! I would love if someone (or several someone's lol) could help me get started, lose some substantial weight and push me along the way.

Xoxo
Megan2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:57 PM   #2  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Back Megan! Glad you found your way back here for encouragement and motivation. One gal on here that weighed close to where you are now had, what I believe to be, a great way to manage her weight loss without becoming overwhelmed. Her signature said something to the effect that losing 100 lbs sounds impossible but losing 5 lbs twenty times sounds manageable. She then had a cute little icon on her siggy that she repeated each time she lost 5 lbs. Maybe you can set up something like her. I also found a key to my weight loss success is drinking 1/2 your body weight in water daily up to a max of 100 ounces a day. I lost 86 lbs in 9 months back in 2005-06 doing just that and walking for exercise. Hope something I have said might be useful for you.

I look forward to following your success.

Blessings, Firegirl
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote