Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-20-2014, 02:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/227/155

Height: 5'10"

Talking My 80lb Mountain

Hello all. My screen name "Tiggy Pengin" comes from my fiancee nickname for me and my love of all things "pengin"(penguin). I am a 34 yr old mother of two boys that I homeschool so we are together alot!!! Due to my sedentary lifestyle I gained a lovely 80 pounds and my children have also learned to sit around and play video games or otherwise be lazy. I have given the weight loss thing a go a few times. A couple of those times I was even serious about it. But I keep finding reasons to cheat, which become reasons to stop. And then I got on the scale. I expected maybe 210 pounds. I've been eating kinda healthy. In unhealthy portions. And I was at 220 after the last attempt crashed and burned. Ten more pounds? I can't afford ten more. And then, in an attempt to make myself feel better, I downloaded a bmi calculator thinking that at almost six feet tall I would be in the overweight but still "ok" category. Unhuh. Instead i got you are going on a hundred pounds overweight and obese. I cried. Like a girl. Like when sin as dad died in the lion king crying. It was bad. Now I know there are people facing three times that number or more to lose. Those people are heroes to me. They are my inspiration. Here I am looking at eighty pounds like it's an unmovable mountain and they're getting up and doing it every day like it's possible. Because it is. And if there are people busier than me, heavier than me, in worse shape, more depressed and/or with more challenges than me out there doing what they need to do to shed that weight then surely I can get off my duff and lose eighty. That's why I'm here. I want to take responsibility for my weight loss and I know I can't do it alone. Feel free to look me up on google plus (I started blogging), myfitnesspal, and Facebook. I also began the couch to 5k program with my boys to get in shape. I welcome friends because there is no such thing as too much support in this for me and don't worry mods, the Facebook is not my personal one. Its totally unrelated. Its my weightloss/running Facebook. Its my way of keeping inspired and holding myself accountable. Plus, I get to track my progress! so, that's my rambling intro! Sorry it's so long...
TiggyPengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #2  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!!! Jump around the threads there are great people here!!
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #3  
Obsessed

S/C/G: 265/230/175

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!
CooCooCaChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/227/155

Height: 5'10"

Thank you for the warm welcomes. Kinda lurking atm to find a forum I can relate to so I'm not the square wheel on the wagon. Lol
TiggyPengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 278.2/270.6/undecided

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I'm kinda new here too...still hoping to find a place where everybody knows my name! I really enjoyed reading your introduction. What do you think of the couch to 5K program?
MamaLu is offline   Reply With Quote