Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/162

Height: 5'8"

Talking New to this site...kinda

I stumbled onto this site, through googling PCOS. The thread about different birth control really helped. I took down the names and switched pills. I'm just have to wait until next month, to start.
What a wonderful site. I wish I would have joined a long time ago.
I struggled with massive weight gain, when my Hashimotos kicked in overdrive. I gained 40lbs in 3 months. The doctor that I went to, at that time, told me I was just, 'Nesting.' Came to find out, I had thyroid cancer.
Out popped my thyroid and on came the pounds...and pounds...and pounds. I was a complete mess. I packed on over 75 pounds, depressed, suicidal, had joint pain, swollen ankles, migraines, memory loss, brain fog and I barely had enough energy to move from the bed, to the couch. Some days, I couldn't even get out of bed. I had lost who I was.
I turned to research on my own, for over a year. Every time I thought I learned something new, I would bring it up to a new doctor. Long story short, I went to 10 different doctors and fired 10 differed doctors. They like to tell me how I feel. They treated me by my lab numbers and not me as a person. I struggled to explain to them, that T4 medications, (synthroid/levothyroxin) just don't work.
After almost 2 years, I finally got my gynecologist to Rx me naturethroid and to run some tests that other doctors refused to run. She wasn't completely onboard with me, but humored me, none the less. My reverse T3 was extremely high, meaning, that I wasn't converting the T4 in the medication, to the active hormone T3. I felt a bit better on Naturethroid, but not anywhere near as I used to feel. I did more research and decided that straight T3, was the answer to clear the reverse T3 (RT3) and deliver T3 directly, without a conversion issue.
I still got no help from any doctors. My gynecologist was willing to Rx me naturethroid, but not T3. I found a website, from another country and ordered their version of T3.
What a difference in my life. I have to take it 5 times a day. I still take 1 grain of naturethroid, before I go to sleep. I'm gluten free, take a handful of supplements, iodine, metformin and birth control.
I have lost 53 lbs, with working out and diet. I can actually lose weight!! All of my other symptoms have disappeared. I still get tired sometimes, but no where near the state of walking dead.
No, I'm not a doctor, but I have insight that they don't. I read the same medical journals..and some they didn't. I'm not influenced by money, or big pharma. I know that humans aren't homogenous. I actually live with the disease.
I am more than happy to answer any questions anyone has about thyroid disease, Fibromyalgia, or depression. The hardest part of thyroid disease, is someone to run the correct tests and get a proper diagnosis...and then get treated.
ScariCatLadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #2  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:54 PM   #3  
JazziBelle

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Welcome--that's very interesting @ the thyroid meds. I have hypothyroidism--runs in my family. I was diagnosed in my early teens. I was put on synthroid, which did little for me. I argued for Armour thyroid which has some natural T3 in it plus T4. The doctors always try to get me to switch back to synthroid but I have fought it. BUT I gain weight so easily, feel draggy ,etc. I know its not doing everything it should!

anyway--good luck to you here!
JzBelle is offline   Reply With Quote