Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-23-2014, 07:28 PM   #1  

Red face Hello Lovely People!

Hiya all! Hope you are all having wonderful days, wherever you are! Excited to meet everyone!

I'm Hana, and I am really really hoping to be a thin sexy bride by the time I graduate and get married to my fiance! But more than that, I just want to be HEALTHY. I used to be super into martial arts and was therefore a UK size 8-10 for most of my teenage years. However, since coming to uni and becoming loved up with my partner, I've been a right lazy bum and put on 3 stone! Salty snacks are my downfall, as are pastas and noodles of all varieties. Its cold up here in the north of Scotland, so getting up to exercise instead of staying in my warm fluffy bed with my kitty curled up at the bottom never wins out! Also trying to give up smoking, and goodness me, the food cravings are awful! :P

But THAT is going to change! No longer will I not want to go shopping with my skinny friends or wear a swimsuit in (fairly rubbish Scottish) Summer, and I am going to look back at photos of me in fifty years and say 'wow, I was SO pretty and healthy!'. So in order to do this, I have sought out you lovely people, all of whom know what I'm going through. I'd love to have a fitness buddy, so please do message me if you ever want to chat. After all, we are all in this together, and we can all achieve SO much!

So, HELLO! And I do hope to talk to lots of you really soon. Mwa! <3 xxx
Hamazeballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

As much as i love to be fit, i am not doing fitness on my current diet and it is working but then i'm not giving up smoking now and i know what that's like. When i gave up smoking the last and final time, 17 years ago, i took up walking, then running to help me not get fat.

It certainly helped me kick off my quit smoking campaign in a good way and got me fit again quickly. But eventually i stopped exercising and i've been fighting the battle of the bulge ever since. But i also have other challenges which sabotage my efforts like depression.

For all that i would not go back to smoking. It stinks. Its unhealthy and its more and more expensive. and you look bad.

One definite thing that helps quit smoking is to stay away from people who smoke and and environments where people smoke. Especially in the early stages.

The thing that has kept me a quitter this whole time is my deeply held knowledge that i can never have another cigarette again. Previously i had always found that the first cigarette was the beginning of the end.

If you want to eat healthy, check out the south beach diet. From what little i know about it, that's the diet i would choose to follow or start with if i needed outside guidance. But being Australian the one i used was the CSIRO Total wellbeing diet which is similar and although i no longer follow it, it set me up good with how to go about dieting without driving myself nuts.

Nowadays i am able to follow my own program.

Many of us here give up sweets or the real problem foods such as you describe. We are not good at moderation. Since you are still dealing with your oral fixation, eat low calorie foods instead. Even if its a piece of plain unbuttered wholegrain bread which can sometimes be more satisfying than a piece of fruit. A bowl of fruit is also good. There are not so many calories in a piece of bread. But once you start smothering it in butter and mayonnaise and all sorts of other crap like that, you've blown it. and you may want more. When i eat pasta, i always only eat 125 g or 100g served. I measure it when i take it out of the packet and i find its enough. If i'm still hungry when i finish my pasta meal, i would have fruit salad. And i would definiltey suggesting always including a vegetable in your pasta sauce, and if possible a side salad. Add vegies to everything. They add bulk, are low calorie and help with avoiding cravings for bad food. Skip the cream stuff altogether until you are in total control of what you eat.

With all that you've got going on, don't restrict your total calories too much. Stabilise your weight or reduce slightly while you adjust to your quit smoking thing. Sleep is a handy distraction. Otherwise take up a craft or activity that engages your hands. Knitting and crocheting should be very good in your climate. There are so many very wonderful designs around now. You can sell what you make to buy your replacement materials. This will keep you motivated and focussed on making good quality things if you are the kind of person that needs that extra incentive.

My father's girlfriend who is in her late 70s has been knitting gollywogs type dolls for years now for all her grandchildren. They are a lovely thing and the wool is not expensive for this. I also remember meeting a girl once, about your age who used to love knitting little farm animals. I'm not sure what she did with them but they were so cute. Whatever you choose to knit, try to make it funky or beautiful and not just cheap and traditional because it will be harder to sell such things.

Well best of luck on your journey.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Hello and !!!

I love everything about your post including your username! Martial arts? Wow, perhaps you could get back into that? Just a thought. Good luck!!!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:58 PM   #4  
banned

Sorry since you are studying, you probably don't have time for knitting. Maybe go for a little walk up and down the hall whenever you feel a bout of hunger coming on while you are studying. And drink plenty of water. Water is useful in staving off those cravings from your oral fixation.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:36 PM   #5  

Hi guys! Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Today was the first day of the new me, and it was hard, but so worth it! I went for a run when I felt hungry as suggested - we have a killer hill near our house, so I ran up and down it for half an hour - so knackering! And then I did some sit ups and weights a little while ago. Thankfully my bf used to be super muscly, so he knows some good exercise tips! I'd love to get back into martial arts, but as a student I'm so poor at the moment that I cant afford to. That IS one of my big goals, though, once I'm fitter and graduated!

I also cooked up some yummy homemade soup to eat for lunches this week, and the bf and I had fun making fish cakes from scratch - he is a DREADFUL cook so this was a big step for him too! Also I have only had ONE cigarette today! Hurrah! Have been supplementing with nicotine replacement stuff, but its still a huge big YES to soon being an ex-smoker!

anyway, this turned into an enormous post, oops! Does anyone have any more tips for a weight-loss newbie like me? I've been reading around the site, and so many of you guys have done just amazing, inspirational things! <3
Hamazeballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:08 AM   #6  
banned

Well as you can probably guess i am always full of tips and advice so much so that people get sick of me. So …

Did i suggest keeping a food diary. That is one of my strongest tips. You've got to keep a strict food diary. Its a way of monitoring your progress, giving you no excuses and you know where to look when you can't understand why you are not losing weight. The answer should be in there, if waiting to be decoded.