Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-13-2014, 01:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/159/140

Height: 5'2"

Smile New to 3fc

Hello. I'm new to this site.
I've been dieting most of my life it seems.
I lost 53 pounds and have more to go. I'm thinking this will be a good support for me and I hope I will be a great support for others. Looking forward to checking out some of the forums.
Girl4him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:15 PM   #2  
natalie

S/C/G: 233/217.2/170

Height: 5'10

Hi girl4him. Welcome. Great job on the 50+ lbs lost! Thats fantastic. I am new as well and have been coming here to read others posts & successes to keep me motivated. Hopefully this will be the motivation needed to keep the journey going! Good luck and I'll se you around.
Nat
npotyonek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:23 PM   #3  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Welcome 2 The Forum and Congrats on losing 53 pounds, That AMAZING!!!!!!
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 279/268/140

Height: 5ft6in

53 pounds!!!!! Congratulations how inspiring! I too feel like I have been dieting all my life. Only since becoming 'serious' I realise how wrong I have been getting it. You must tell all your secrets! Welcome xx
Crazziemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:43 AM   #5  

Thanks to all of you. My weight kept creeping up in the past 28 years. I kept trying to work on losing it as we all have. Finally, hubby and I started to really watch the carbs, that's what really has made the difference. I am type 2 diabetic so counting carbs really does help. Since losing this much weight, I haven't needed my diabetic meds so much. a real blessing. We have been trying to limit the carbs to 20 to 40 or less a day. not eating breads, rice, very little pasta, maybe once a week at the most.
You all keep up the good work. Let's keep each other on the way to reaching our goals.!!
Old 02-16-2014, 01:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/200/150

Hello,

I found this site by accident, but glad tat I did! Decided to eat healthier and better to lose weight. I am in my 50's and realized while looking at holiday photos, that I had gained more weight than I need for my height. I began my journey on February 5, 2014. To date, I have lost 5 lbs, Yeay!

I work in a sedentary job for the most part, so I decided that to start I would walk to the nearest public transportation, the first few times, I was out of breath just going up the hill. But I pushed to make it and did. It's getting a little easier every day.

Next I ordered a bento box (amazon.com) it comes with 4 small portioned controlled containers and one large container that can be used for a healthy portion of salad.

The smaller containers have been used for a variety of things such as a small portion of homemade spaghetti squash pasta, cous-cous, curry veggies, fresh fruit, a hand full of mixed nuts, whatever I decide, plus my salad. To lunch one day I had three mini tamales ( trader joes) topped with salsa and 2 tsp on low fat sour cream....

They have been a couple of days that I brought food back home..

My thoughts are that if you see less food, you want more and vice-versa.

Foods with a crunchy texture also are a plus, veggies, nuts, fruits.

And for those sweet craving, grapes and pineapple.

Beverages, green tea w / agave or Splenda, or water....

I am not a big meat eater...but I do occasionally have chicken, seafood and occasionally beef and turkey...

I have researched recipes and am trying a few. I think that it can be a challenge going from what you've become used to eating to incorporating a whole new way to eat. But it can be done!

Next week on the menu, curried kale and split pea and carrot soup. Oh and I am experimenting with a couple of Asian recipes...oh I forgot about the fruit and veggie smoothies.

Glad to be here, have read some interesting posts!

Wishing everyone success on their weight loos/maintenance journey!

Last edited by Indy35; 02-16-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Indy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:06 PM   #7  

Welcome. You have made a great decision to get on the losing game. sounds like you are doing things right. Getting started walking was really difficult for me. I am now up to 1.5 miles the days that I walk. Missed walking the lst couple of days, gotta get back to doing it. I find it's difficult to cut down portions, a smaller plate does help me some. hang in there.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:39 PM   #8  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! and congrats on your weight loss
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote