Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #1  
(slim) shady

S/C/G: 193/188/155

Height: 5'2"

Default Starting Over - I'm Back

I'm disappointed to say I'm one of "those people" who joined this forum, lost weight and failed. I'm back 2 years later heavier than when I started.

When I started here I was in the high 180s, according to the Dr. last week I'm about 193 now. Last time I was here I lost about 20lbs in 2 months with constant exercise and probably unrealistic eating (sorta starving myself).

I'm back. I'm sad, I'm depressed but I'm not giving up. I weigh more than I did but I'm glad it's not much more. If I hit 200lbs I don't know what I'll do. I'm only 5'2".

Enough woo-is-me. This forum helped me so much last time, logging in my weight loss progress, tracking what I ate, tracking my exercise. I LOVED reading about other people's successes and supporting those feeling down.

I'm back. I am BACK. I have goals, I have dreams and if I can succeed in the past I can succeed again. Here's to sticking to goals, taking it one day at a time and remembering this isn't something to do for a few months. This is something to strive toward and work on every day of my life and feel happy while I'm doing it.

Step 1? Go to the gym tonight and log it and smile!
steinanwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #2  

Default I hear you... I'm tired of being FAT

I'm so over this weight. I'm done. I was always really fit I don't know how I manage to stay this big for so long. I had my daughter 4 yrs ago and am still carrying around an extra 25 lbs. I gotta do something about this stat. I'm finding it hard to figure out what works for me. I don't have any food aversions but I hate feeling hungry and having a hunger headache... But I know I need to eat less and exercise more. I start today.
Vhp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #3  
(slim) shady

S/C/G: 193/188/155

Height: 5'2"

Vhp - You have a friend in me! Lets support each other!

I feel you, I hear you. I'm sad and I'm tired of it! But you aren't alone, I'm not alone. I spent a long time researching healthy food and recipes, counting calories and points and it helped. Try something and see if it works for you. High in protein and fiber, low in cal and fat. Read food labels and find healthy cooking blogs and you'll find meals and snacks you love to make that make you feel good! When I was losing weight I drank a ton of water all the time, I had better skin and more energy. If you're hungry, grab a piece of fruit and a bottle of water and don't give up! Think, Man I was hungry but I didn't eat bad! I had a banana and I overcame a moment of weakness!

I use to always say "You've had enough pizza in your life time" when I was feeling sad that I couldn't pig out. It helped because it's true. Remind yourself that when you're eating something healthy or cooking something healthy you are doing it for YOU. You are doing it for your family and put a smile on your face because you're doing something GOOD for YOURSELF!

Try to go to the gym or use a work out video. Even 20 minutes. And just keep doing it as much as possible. Find threads here and post your daily exercise, or your daily calorie intake. The more you track the more you feel accomplished! The more you see results, the more you feel great about being healthy.

I have to struggle to do the same things now that I am starting my journey over too so I am right there with you trying to recreate good habits. But every day is a new day to succeed. When you are hungry or bored or sad come to this forum and find inspiring motivation. Find healthy meal tips. Go workout just so you can post that you did 25 minutes of cardio and feel good about it!

I'm going to go to gym today when I get home from work. You should too, think of me and I'll think of you. Or pop in a work out video or find one on netflix. Sit on your floor and do crunches until you can't take it anymore. And if you feel out of breath and crummy afterwards scream WHO CARES! Because you took the time and effort to do something better for yourself. And then do it again tomorrow and smile!
steinanwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #4  

steinanwine,

I know your pain.

You know what's the worst part? Doing the hard work, getting where you want to be and watching it all wash away.

I'm glad you are back on your track.
revealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #5  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Welcome, revealed, steinanwine, and Vhp20! This is a great place for support, encouragement, and lots of ideas for things to try to see what works for you.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi steinanwine, Vhp20, and revealed! :welcome! It sounds like all 3 of you are ready, willing, and able to do this! I want to point out that there are lots and lots of free exercise videos on youtube for those of you who want to work out at home. Keep in mind, however, that weight loss has more to do with diet, and fitness with exercise, so keep the focus on what you're eating, and you'll do well! You'll find lots of support here at 3FC! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I use to always say "You've had enough pizza in your life time" when I was feeling sad that I couldn't pig out. It helped because it's true
I do this, too, for cookies, doughnuts, etc. It's certainly true I've had enough for my lifetime. It really does help to keep those kind of thoughts in my head.
Mad Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote