Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/190/135

Height: 5'6

Default Hello from Oregon

I am finally making a post... I joined a few weeks ago, and am ready to talk about it. I started gaining weight after a back injury and beginning to take anti-depressants, to treat both depression and anxiety. Over time as my activity decreased because of pain, and as my anxiety disappeared so that I *could* eat again, weight just started piling on. After so long being unable to eat without becoming ill, it was hard to switch from my high calorie diet to something that would be better for my lower activity level and the fact that everything I ate didn't come back up. So, there is where the weight came from.
As I neared 200lbs, and I'm sure breached at some point, I accepted that this wasn't going to come off easily and that I needed to do more to help myself. I am lucky in that I have an amazing partner who supports me in anything I want to do, but he doesn't understand the drive to eat that I struggle with, coming from years of hunger and sickness, and later from side effects and feelings, and the fact is he likes my squishy body and is not motivated to help me lose it. So I looked around and found this site where I am hoping to get the support, and really the understanding, of what I am trying to accomplish.
Today I weighed in at the doctors office, and I am almost out of the 190s, which frankly I am surprised about. Even though I have been cutting simple carbs out(or trying to, baking is my favorite and so are cheeseburgers) I still felt like I was gaining weight. Just a reminder that how you FEEL isn't necessarily what is REAL.
Anyway, tomorrow I start running, and my end goal is to be back to 145 and to finish(not run) a half marathon in the spring.
Thank you all for being here, this is a special site that even I feel comfortable sharing on.
CDubsGotGoats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi CDGG! I'm so glad you joined us! You will find lots of support and encouragement here. It's so wonderful that your partner likes you just as you are but it does make it a little difficult to lose the weight, doesn't it? You'll get lots of greats tips and advice at 3FC to help you on your journey. Be sure to check out the fitness section since you are a runner and you might consider joining one or more of the challenges under "Chicks Up for a Challenge" in the Support Groups. You can join a challenge anytime and newbies are always welcome! You can do this! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote