Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #1  
3rdtimesacharm

S/C/G: 280/275/175

Height: 5'4"

Default Third times a charm

I'm new to the site and trying to get the lay of the land. This is my 3rd time having to lose this weight (-115lbs in 2005, -77 lbs in 2008) and now that I'm a wife and mommy I just don't think my old "tricks" (3 hrs a day at the gym, etc.) are going to work. I live overseas for work (south korea) so I don't have a big support system here and I'm looking for weight loss compadres who are looking to make life style changes and keep the weight off for good. If anyone has suggestions of how to best make use of this site, or any diet or exercise tips they find invaluable, please feel free to pass them along. Wish me luck!
amberjune29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi AmberJune! You've joined the November Weight Loss Challenge and that's a great first step for getting involved on the site, and that's my best tip for you: Get involved here! Some forums and threads are more active than others and you'll figure that out, but it's so great to come on here and interact with others who understand what you're going through and care. Because you can't spend 3 hours at the gym, etc., the weight will come off more slowly than before, but that's okay. The way I see it, 6 months from now, you can be the weight you are now or you can be a lower weight. Either way, time isn't going to stop and it's still going to be 6 months later, so you might as well choose to lose weight in the meanwhile, even if it doesn't come off as quickly as it did before! You can do this! Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 11-14-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Hey amberjune, welcome to the forums. You've lost awesome amounts in the past, which is great, because you know what works for you. It's ok that you may not be able to lose weight as fast as you did before, but that's ok as long as the weight loss lasts in the future. It's also great that you are looking at it being a lifestyle change and not a short term diet or something. From what I've seen, just having the right attitude about weight loss will take you really far, and it looks like you absolutely do.

Good luck
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote