Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 390/390/200

Height: 6'0"

Default Still struggling...

Hi Everyone,

My name is Steph. I'm 24 years old and live in Ontario Canada. I've been struggling with my weight my whole life. I've recently hit an all time low with overeating and weight gain and I'm finally ready to make a change for good. I've tried several times before - some successful some not. The times I was successful, I would fall off the bandwagon or get discouraged and quit.

I'm now at the heaviest I've ever been (390 lbs). I haven't told that to anyone but you guys, but I mean people aren't blind and can see it. I'm lucky because I'm 6 feet tall so my weight is distributed a lot better than if I was short.

I'd hate to blame my grandmother, but I believe my overeating started when I was a child. My mom worked till 5-6 pm everyday and my school ended at 2:30pm resulting in my grandmother picking me up from school and bringing me to her house and feeding me. My grandmother is Croatian and therefore cooks a lot of food. She was raised not having a lot to eat everyday so she wouldn't let us leave the table until we ate every single thing on our plate. She would give us adult sized plates, which is unreasonable for any child. This is what I believe started my overeating habit.

I suffer from IBS which is triggered by anxiety. I get stressed out and anxious often and look to eating as comfort. I am on medication for my anxiety which also keeps weight on me.

I've had successful attempts to lose weight in the past. One month I lost 20 lbs just by changing my eating habits.

I'm ready to say goodbye to this weight. I want to be healthy and live a long life. I'm too young to be this big and be suffering.

I'm hoping with proper eating, slowly starting to exercise again and the support of you ladies I'll be able to achieve my goals.

I really just need someone to talk to when I feel like I'm losing control.

Thanks in advanced everyone! I can't wait to get to know you

-- Steph
da1sygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Steph! You'll get lots of support here! Some threads and forums are more active than others but people are really nice and understanding and they want you to succeed! So browse around and jump right in! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Hi Steph, welcome to the forums. Good on you for taking this step.

My suggestion would be to find out what works for you. You'll already have an idea of it since you lost 20 lbs before. There are loads of different threads here and I'm sure you'll find people who are going through the same journey as you.

Also, I'm really jealous of your height. You're almost a foot taller than I am
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote