Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #1  

Default DAY 2 ON IP ALTERNATIVE - Help??

I am late 50s and trying to get my shape back. After reading Evelyn's post on IP alternatives, I am applying the recommendations on her blog and that of the IP alternative group herein. The initiation fee and all-in program and meal replacement cost precludes me from going the pure IP route.

Not finding true comparisons in nutrients, I'm improvising. Surely, just cutting overall calories is a good start??

Need help in motivation and suggestions if any of you can offer.

Thank you all for the information posted through the years on this site. It is most helpful.

Birdie
birdie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Birdie! I am not on Ideal Protein, but I'd think anytime you are trying to lose weight, you can't go wrong with cutting calories! Now, how the types of calories cut play into the IP alternative plan, I don't know. You might post your question in the IP forum: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...iet-236-2.html. Also, I did a forum search on IP alternatives and a number of threads came up. You might be interested in perusing some of them: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sear...archid=5907899. Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 10-23-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi Birdie

I am planning on starting up an alternative IP program at the end of the month. I have been researching what others have put forth on this site for a couple of days now and have found lots of great info. I think I will be going with the Protidiet product. I used the IP last year for 9 weeks and lost 28 lbs and 38 inches so I know that it works well. I have a sheet on all the nutritional info for each IP product from when I was on the program and last night I found a website for the nutritional info for the Protidiet products. When you hold up the two sheets side by side, the products are almost the same for carbs, sugar, fat, cal and protein. Here's the real kicker...the products even look the same except Protidiet has more variety. I then went onto the site and plugged in a trial of 30 days worth of food and it only came to $130 (shipping not included yet). When I was on IP, it was $92.50/week. I do not understand why the Protidiet is so cheap?

If you are going to start up maybe we could do this together
44forever is offline   Reply With Quote