Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #1  

Post genpositive

Hi everyone,
I'm a Newbie, a new kid on the block, starting a journey, again, to change my current situation for good. At least that is my goal. I am tired of gaining the same weight again and again.
I was so happy today when I ran across 3 Fat Chicks! Love the name BTW.
I started on the IP diet through ITG last week and have had success, feel good and now starting to feel the affects of Ketosis. Yeah! At this point, I even have a difficult time eating as much as they say I must do.
Lost 40 pounds about 10years ago on the Atkins diet, didn't care for all of the meat and fat, however, it worked.
A girlfriend of mine introduced me to ITG and I was really excited, EXCEPT, at this point in time, the COST involved, $25.00 a box for 7 packets of drink mix and 7 protein bars, etc., I realized, I have to find some alternatives. Yes, I am only into the diet for a week, but, fortunately or unfortunately I ordered over $250.00 worth of product from ITG. Free shipping on orders over $200. I am determined to lose this weight by the holidays, so I caved!
My husband is expressing some interest as well and that will definitely make the cost too much. Especially, when he may just decide he doesn't care for it after a week or so. As he really can't go a day without complaining that he can't enjoy his popcorn with his bourbon at the end of a hard day.
I like the diet so far and know I will need to participate in some form of this diet or lifestyle for at least 3 months if not 4 months. And then maintenance. I definitely need to find some alternatives. I purchased a really good protein powder at my local health food store. Not as much fat, carbs, sugar, calories, and more protein. I don't see any reason I can't substitute this protein powder with ITG? I also found the Nashua website and I am excited as some of the Proti-thin products are "exactly" like the ITG products. Ready to place an order tomorrow, so need HELP!
I will be SO GREATFUL, to any and everyone that can help with this topic and offer any DIET ADVISE for this type of diet. Help with motivation, products, recipes and any other ideas are welcome. I have a few recipes to share as well. I'm excited to join 3 fat chicks for this diet journey. Number 4ready and willing to get thin again! QUACK, QUACK
genpositive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 325/230/150

Hi and welcome! I have never heard of the ITG diet so I can't really help you there, but have you tried doing a search for it (the search tool is in the middle of the purple bar above)? Maybe some other people have posted about it in the past and you can get some ideas that way. Good luck with your weight loss, it sounds like you are off to a good start!

Last edited by OrieAre7; 09-12-2013 at 11:40 AM. Reason: To fix a mistake.
OrieAre7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Genpositive! There is an IP forum here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/. You should check out those threads. Good luck on your journey!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 09-16-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote