Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245 / 232 / 175

Height: 5'4"

Default Not New to the Diet Game

I was a small and active kid from kindergarten all the way to elementary. In about the 5th grade I noticed I was bigger than all the other kids. I couldn't shop in the same section as the other girls because I didn't fit into the clothes. I didn't think I was fat but apparently I was because my mom started making my clothes. I gained weight in middle school and was pretty much a loner. In high school I was a tom boy and wore boys clothes because I couldn't fit into the cute girls clothes and didn't want my mom making my clothes anymore so I just coped and ate.

After my first born I gained more weight but after I dumped her "donor" I lost weight and was fitting into a size 12 for the first time ever. I still thought I was fat but I got alot of attention which I wasn't used to but instead of going boy crazy, I had the mentality with guys that was "you didn't look at me when I was fat, why should I give you the time of day now?". I stayed single for what seems like forever. Then I slowly gained a little weight back and met my, now, husband. I was a size 16 when we met and he likes thick, meaty girls so I got lucky with him because he's wonderful. But after I had my second and third I just kept getting bigger.

I've tried so many diets, I've had gym memberships, I've never tried diet pills, thank God but I've just been playing this game for way to long and I'm ready to win this war with myself. I started my "lifestyle change" on August 19, 2013 and I'm determined to make it to the end. I started off with a weight of 245 lbs and today I'm 235.8 I've been eating better and exercising and I know that I will get to my first goal of 195, which is one pound lighter than I was the day I met my husband. My 2nd goal is to get to 165. I've set mini goals for myself to make it to my 1st goal. I'm looking forward to meeting people that are going through the same thing I am. I'll be your cheerleader if you will be mine.
fluffygrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome! I love your name and your avatar! You'll find lots of support here, and everyone will cheer you on to success!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi fluffygrover! You've lost 10 lbs since August 19th?! Fantastic! I love your determination and your mini goals! There are lots of people here to help you, so browse around and jump right in! Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 09-16-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #4  

Thank ya'll. I appreciate it
Old 08-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 152.9/148.0/113

Height: 5'7

I LOVE Grover!!! Welcome to 3FC. That being said, I will totally be your cheerleader I also want to congratulate you on your amazing weight loss. You will hit your mini goal and 2nd goal, of that I have no doubt!
Monkeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:42 AM   #6  
just do it :)

S/C/G: ticker!

Height: 5'6

It's not easy nor will it ever be, but we can do it!
lanabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeysmom View Post
I LOVE Grover!!! Welcome to 3FC. That being said, I will totally be your cheerleader I also want to congratulate you on your amazing weight loss. You will hit your mini goal and 2nd goal, of that I have no doubt!
I really appreciate that. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabug View Post
It's not easy nor will it ever be, but we can do it!
Yes we can! Thank you!
Old 09-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/142

Height: 5'2"

FluffyGrover (too, gotta love that name!!! Too cute)

Want cheerleaders?

We are here... allllll of us, ready to support you and share our stories with you and you with us. These are friendships- and we share alot!

MrsKevin

Long Term Goal (hopefully by Birthday in Feb 2014)

------------------
Long Term Goal: 82# to lose
My Mini Goals:
Under 200#
MrsKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #9  

Thank you MrsKevin!