Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/188/155

Height: 5'7

Red face Hi hi!

Hello everyone! I have lurked on this site here and there. Read up on the different threads in the forum, got information, use others advice, but now I have decided to join in.

I have always been heavier, I am 30 btw, but now I think I have finally figured out how to manage it. In April I was 256. Today, I am 215. I started back in April with walking a mile a few days a week, then just gradually built it up. I am currently going 5-6 miles at least 3 times a week and try to run at least a mile of it. I also just joined a gym and started resistance training and spinning. I will be starting with a small personal training group on Monday and to say that I am nervous about that would be an understatement...what if they make me do pushups?

I have also adjusted my diet. Drinking only water for...I don't know how long now, but this is a major accomplishment for a southern girl that loves sweet tea. I still slip up sometimes and I still am learning and need lots of tips about meal planning and such but I am trying!

I have had people ask me "What brought about this change in you? Why are you doing it?" It makes me laugh and I want to ask them did they not see how I looked 40+ lbs ago?

Anyways...Hi I am happy to be here and I know I will continue to get great advice and information through this forum.
bizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi bizzy! Yay! You are doing so wonderfully! Congrats on the weight loss and the healthier lifestyle! Keep it up!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #3  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Congratulations on your awesome progress so far and welcome to the site! Best of luck with your forward journey!

belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome, you're doing great!

If they make you do push-ups guess what? You'll conquer doing push-ups! And then you'll be here in the forum posting: "I can't believe I can do push-ups now!".

Hang tough, girl, you got this!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/142

Height: 5'2"

You are with friends now-- we are all striving to do our best and open our hearts to you!!

MRSKEVIN
MrsKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/188/155

Height: 5'7

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! I am excited to continue on the journey and to be able to share it with all of you. I had a bingey weekend and was up to 218 this morning. I start personal training tonight and have spin in the morning. Its on now!
bizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Welcome!! You're doing great so far! It's always fun when lurkers finally join in!
I would just like to say that I completely understand your southern girl sweet tea issue. drinking only water has been one of my biggest issues in life these days!!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote