Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #1  

Default When It Comes Down To A Cup Cake And A Salad.

Hello All!

Im Nova and Im only 19. I joined because well, I've ever been able to stick with a diet. Ever. How can I when my family cooks enough to feed an army and its soooo good?
Anyway, I have good confidence in myself but I think that I would be a lot more happier if I lost some weight. Being 19 I weigh 260 pounds..not happy with that. Haven't been happy in a long time with that. Hopefully though with your help I can change that! Im looking forward to my new dieting plans and coming to you guys for help alone the way!
Nova94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:49 AM   #2  
just do it :)

S/C/G: ticker!

Height: 5'6

Hey Nova! I'm only a year older than you and started quite a bit heavier, so I can definitely empathize. Best of luck!
lanabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Nova! Hopefully, your family will support you in trying to become healthier. You'll find lots of support here! So take a look around and join in on the threads! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/195/165

Height: 5'6"

welcome! you can do this!
sweetmalibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #5  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, Nova! Glad you found us and joined right in by introducing yourself. First let me say that you should stop going on 'diets." They just don't work for any long period of time IMHO. I have more years of going on diets than you have been born and I have never been able to keep the weight off. Yes, I lost 86 lbs in 9 months 7 years ago, but over half of the weight continues to find its way back no matter what I do. I have recently had the revelation that I must stop dieting and instead, find a healthy way of eating and add comfortable exercise and do it for a lifetime. Yes, I will be very strict with my eating while losing the weight, but I still have to follow a maintenance plan and hold myself accountable for the rest of my life. I have chosen Metabolic Research Center here in my hometown as I eat the way they want you to anyway and I like the idea of going there to weigh in once a week for accountability. Many find success at Weight Watchers or other similar programs that actually teach you to eat healthy and in reasonable portions, but if you do them long enough and it becomes a habit for you, then it is a lifestyle change. I look forward to following your success here as you begin this journey of a lifetime!!
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote