Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280

Height: 5'9

Default New kid on the block?

Hey, everyone!

I'm not really sure how to get into this...uhm, let's see. I'm twenty-three years old and have been struggling with my weight since I was younger. Obesity runs strongly in my family. My mother weighed over three hundred pounds as did my younger brother, but I've never been that heavy. I didn't think I would EVER be that heavy. It wasn't a possibility...until I weighed myself on the scale recently. I'm currently at my heaviest, which is 280. I kind of hate looking at myself in the mirror most days. Sometimes I look at myself and think, "Wow, I look really pretty today," but that's a rarity. I'm very self conscious, which is weird because my personality seems so upbeat and energetic. I'm kind of a nerd, I like dorky things...and sometimes my interests and hobbies keep me indoors where I laze around all day and do nothing. Clearly, that's become a major problem.

I saw this site when I was searching some stuff and I'm...pretty much alone in this journey. I thought if I joined this site that maybe I could find some sort of support group or something to help motivate me to continue and keep strong when I feel like giving up. I hope that's what I can find here because I'm really tired of crying myself to sleep.

Yeah, sorry for the pathetic sap story. Anyway, my name is Lexi and I'm super unhealthy, but definitely starting a new chapter. Pleased to meet any and everyone.
justthehalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #2  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Lexi! Glad to have you join 3FC! I'll be rooting for ya!
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/168/135

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and for starting this journey! It doesn't have to be hard, as long you go slowly
You'll find lots of support here!
lotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 297/182/155

Height: 5'8

glad you're here.
df180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Lexi! You are no longer alone! We've got your back! Just browse around, some threads are more active than others, but you are welcome in any of them. Be sure to check out Chicks Up for a Challenge: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...challenge-159/. There are many hopping threads there that will help keep you motivated and accountable and we love when new people join in! Glad you found us. Good luck in your journey!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 280

Height: 5'9

Thanks a lot everyone! I'm excited to begin this journey, and it's nice to know that there are more women out there like myself. I'll be sure to check out everything on the site and have fun with it! : D
justthehalf is offline   Reply With Quote