Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-01-2013, 06:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 500/487/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Insert Witty Title Here

Hi. My name's Amy and I've been fat since January 26, 1983 (which also happens to be my birth date). Seriously, though. The first time I was ever teased for my weight, I was in the second grade and I weighed 80 pounds.

I steadily gained and was likely near 300 by the time I started high school. I'm not sure, as I honestly don't remember being on the scale at all between 7 years old and 19 years old.

At 19, I weighed in at 367 pounds. I remember crying.
In 2011, I weighed in at 456 pounds. I downright sobbed.
I lost down to 367 pounds in less than a year (it's amazing how much different that number felt six years later).

Unfortunately, 456 pounds wasn't my highest, either.

See, I used to be a drug addict.
When I quit doing drugs, I turned to alcohol.
In November 2012, I quit drinking.
And I gained 133 pounds in the span of 8 months.
On July 17, I weighed in at 500 pounds even.
Two weeks later, I was 479 pounds.
And now? I'm up to 487 again.

I'm 30 years old and I want to be healthy. My blood pressure and sugars are good, but for how long at this rate? I want to have a baby someday (I've already lost two).

I run a Facebook group that consists mostly of my friends, and they are great people, but I don't find them motivating. I love them, but they've all either had gastric bypass (which I've decided against) or just don't have true motivation to change.

I run a blog, but I don't have a lot of readers, so it doesn't make me stay accountable.

I tried MFP forums, but I feel completely ginormous next to them.

I'm hoping this is the forum for me. I need that support group type of setting, but I can't afford Weight Watchers (and they don't have meetings during a time I could get there in my area, anyway).

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. I've already been encouraged just by browsing posts. I hope I can encourage you as well.

I'm sorry that this post is kind of back and forth. It's 6:30am and I haven't slept yet due to a cold, so I'm a bit loopy. And I can't stop watching that dancing carrot, lol.
nerdywords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/195/165

Height: 5'6"

welcome! happy your here and overcame your struggles! wishing u much success!!
sweetmalibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Amy! I am so proud of you for overcoming your drug and alcohol addictions! Listen, you will find lots of support here.You have what it takes to lose the weight. You've lost weight! So you know you can do it! There is so much to read in these forums and so many great people to meet, so browse around and jump right in! Get involved and you'll get so much out of it. Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 09-01-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome! I think you will find lots of support here, so jump right in on any discussions that interest you. Everyone here is really nice and we all understand how hard this struggle is!

When I feel particularly low, maybe I didn't meet a goal or I failed myself in some way, I take a look at the success stories forum and they always bring me up. I know those successful people had lots of ups and downs, but they just kept moving FORWARD, no matter what! I find that inspiring, I hope you will also!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #5  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Welcome, glad to have you join us
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #6  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

WOW! What a strong person you are to have beat drug and alcohol addictions!!! I admire your commitment to strive for a healthier lifestyle. you have definitely come to the right place for support and motivation. Someone on here has a great signature where she says she can't lose 100 lbs but can lose 5 lbs 20 times. Maybe you need to set small goals for yourself so that they will be easier to achieve and before you know it, you will see that first 100 lbs behind you. I am joining the mini-goal thread so that I can make those small goals for myself that will help me keep focused. I hope to see you there. It won't be long before you make one of those cute signatures so come up with something that will inspire you and motivate you to keep the faith and keep moving forward toward your goals. I look forward to following your progress. I have no doubt you will make it because you have already had so many successes in your life.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 297/182/155

Height: 5'8

Welcome Amy !
df180 is offline   Reply With Quote