Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #1  

Angry Fast but Not too fast Weight Loss Pre Knee Surgery

I have a Completely torn ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) in my knee and i need to under go the surgery for it but here is the problem my doctor told me i must reach my ideal weight before undergoing the surgery I am currently 85 Kg (187 lbs) and my Height is 162...so my ideal is 62 kg (136 lbs) I NEED to loose thisweight itried diets before but i go on them for a while then i dunno what happens and then i give up on them any way that doesn't require excersize since i am still bed ridden bec. of my knee to loose atleast some of tht fat...please and thank you
Daq94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #2  

I think you need to find a doctor that can help you know. How can you lose weight if you don't exercise--and how can you exercise with a bum knee... It doesn't make sense to me.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

You can definitely lose weight without exercising. Diet is what helps you lose weight/fat while exercise gets you fit! I lost 35 pounds doing absolutely no exercise at all.

What you need to do is figure out a diet plan that works for you and you can stick with long term. I like counting calories because you don't have to 'give up' anything it also works for me. However it doesn't work for everyone. Some people need to cut carbs, sugar or high fat foods. Whatever you end up doing make sure it's something you can stick to.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/240/160

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daq94 View Post
I have a Completely torn ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) in my knee and i need to under go the surgery for it but here is the problem my doctor told me i must reach my ideal weight before undergoing the surgery I am currently 85 Kg (187 lbs) and my Height is 162...so my ideal is 62 kg (136 lbs) I NEED to loose thisweight itried diets before but i go on them for a while then i dunno what happens and then i give up on them any way that doesn't require excersize since i am still bed ridden bec. of my knee to loose atleast some of tht fat...please and thank you
Welcome Daq94. I've tried WW, Slimfast, the plan where they send a month's worth of food at a time (name eludes me), low-carb, and counting calories that I can think of off the top of my head. They all worked but my favorite is calorie counting because I like to chew and with calorie counting I can chew on celery or lettuce all day long if I want.

I've exercised at times and at other times just didn't make myself do it. I lost either way so I'm sure you can do it. Will you be bedridden all the time until you have the surgery? My daughter tore her ACL last year and had surgery several weeks later. I'm looking down the road here, but I want to urge you to make sure you follow your physical therapists suggested routine. It's the key to success in recovering the full use of your knee.

Here to help if you need me.
Rytre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Daq! I have been having great success with a low carb, no-exercise, no calorie-counting diet. I've lost 14 lbs in less than a month. I am doing the Slow-Carb Diet (for the most part anyway). You can google it or here is a link to a 3FC thread I wrote about it: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...carb-diet.html. Whichever diet you choose, good luck! You'll find lots of support here!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote