Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #1  

Default Pigging out BIG TIME! Night before starting MF!!!!

Had a work function last night so my wife and I planned our start around that, figured Sat morning is perfect.

So tonight, we are pathetically munching on anything edible! I have a bottle of whiskey next to me which i plan on dumping anything left down the drain before bed. Also 2 bags of chips we are sharing, a bag of pistachios, and for dinner we loaded up big time on mcd's ... disgusting really, im so ready to start this diet!!!

So we each have a box, unopened still .. we planned on waking up, opening the box and picking something for breakfast.

Are all bars/meals created equal? Is there any caloric advantage to timing of eating specific bars/shakes/etc?

Thanks for having a great forum ... i look forward to spending a long time committed to this diet,and dropping from my disgusting current 6'2 & 290lbs .. down to something more manageable.
Stashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:29 AM   #2  

Im just trying to understand the mechanics of the food ... i guess my question is, lets say for sake of argument, there is only 1 single thing i like in this entire starter box. Strawberry Shakes.

Can i have 5 of those shakes a day, and then a lean/green? Or do i need to mix it up with the soups, pancakes, eggs, mac&cheese, etc?

Just wondering when im loading my bag to head to work, if i need to pay attention to what foods i bring or dont bring, or can i toss just any 5 things in there?
Old 07-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/168.4/127 (lbs)

Height: 5'7"

just wondering, what's MF? Sorry for the 'stupid' question...
CherryChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:54 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryChan View Post
just wondering, what's MF? Sorry for the 'stupid' question...
medifast
Old 07-13-2013, 02:59 AM   #5  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

If you find one thing you like and eat it 5 times a day for a year you'll be fine. Although from my experience it probably wont be the strawberry shake . All MF meals are equally balanced in nutrition.

Make sure you eat your meals 2-3 hours apart and the dietary supplements really help if you have problems with the soy when you start out (a lot of people do.
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:47 PM   #6  

we started today!!! Pancake for breakfast, then some sloppy joe stuff, then a couple bar's, now we are about to have the meal. Havent gone shopping yet so we got chinese takeout, hope thats ok??

Steamed chicken and steamed veggies with no sauce.

I did get an iced coffee ... reg iced coffee with 1 splenda and skim milk. I asked on the Medifast forum and nobody had a definite answer, but said it would be fine and counted as a condiment or something.

Wifey picked 4 or 5 recipes from online and went shopping, so going forward we will have some great grub for our 6th meal! Woohoo!

Super siked to drop the pounds!
Old 07-14-2013, 12:16 AM   #7  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

I don't think anymore than a tablespoon or 2 of skim milk is allowed.
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote