Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-07-2013, 12:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Coming out of the shadows...

...and into the light in more ways than one. Hello! I happened upon this website whilst looking up weight loss support. I thought I'd take a moment or two to take a peek around until I found with each passing day a 'moment or two' had grown into a time period of more significance. Finally that thought that had been nagging in the back of my mind, the thought that I tried so desperately hard to bury in the deepest depth of my cerebrum came bursting forth with a crystalline realisation...I'm a lurker...

...I thought it past due when I should stop my shameful lurking ways, come out of the woodwork and register; bringing me here where I can publicly acknowledge my past bad habit and start the process of reformation by firstly making my presence known and secondly participating.

On a more serious note--I am impressed with the support here and the plethora of information and advice throughout the forum to help people obtain their weight loss goals; great posts from a variety of posters and a wide range of discussion points.

My name is, Ella, a 45 year old mother/sole parent of 3 (a daughter and twin sons), and a woman who needs to make some changes to her life; which includes taking control of my upward spiraling weight.

I'm both a comfort eater and food addict; two things that have been fed--no pun intended--by isolation (geographically and lack of any personal support; familial or friends), the stress of caring for a severely disabled child and a few personal tragedies along my journey through life. I found myself in a catch 22 situation--the more stressed and depressed I became the more I would eat, and the more I would eat the more I would isolate myself, get stressed and-or depressed as the pounds piled on. Something changed. What? I'm not completely certain. All I know is that one morning I woke with a complete and utter faith that I was going to lose weight and change my life...my mindset and perception of food, exercise, managing stress and depression, the whole rank and file. So, here I am, looking for support, encouragement, advice and hints. During my time lurking at 3Fatchicks I lost 13 pounds and have gone on to lose a further 37 more pounds since the day I registered here weighing 240 pounds.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and becoming an active and contributing member of this forum.
Rift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/145/119 keto

Height: 5ft2in

Hi Rift!

Welcome! Everyones really helpful here (as you already know). You can do it! Good luck!
Sheena82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #3  

Congrats on your weight-loss so far!!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #4  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Ella and welcome to 3FC. I'm a 55-year old mother of two (now adults). I have been a single mom since I was 25 and they were only 1 and 2 years old, so I understand the stresses of being a sole parent. I was fortunate in that both of mine were healthy. I imagine having a severely disabled child adds its own unique stresses, although hopefully some joys and blessings as well.

Congratulations on your weight loss to date...that's wonderful! And, you're so right. You will have far more success if you look upon this as a journey and the beginnings of a new way of life, rather than simply as a "diet". I wish you continued success!

Last edited by Tuscany; 07-07-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena82 View Post
Hi Rift!
Welcome! Everyones really helpful here (as you already know). You can do it! Good luck!
Thank you for the welcome and encouragement, Sheena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitie9399 View Post

Congrats on your weight-loss so far!!
Kaitie, thank you kindly for both the welcome and congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Hi Ella and welcome to 3FC. I'm a 55-year old mother of two (now adults). I have been a single mom since I was 25 and they were only 1 and 2 years old, so I understand the stresses of being a sole parent. I was fortunate in that both of mine were healthy. I imagine having a severely disabled child adds its own unique stresses, although hopefully some joys and blessings as well.

Congratulations on your weight loss to date...that's wonderful! And, you're so right. You will have far more success if you look upon this as a journey and the beginnings of a new way of life, rather than simply as a "diet". I wish you continued success!
I very much appreciate your words of welcome and kind regards in support of my weight loss thus far, Tuscany. Being a sole parent (my boys were 10 weeks and my daughter was 2 when I became a single mum) has had its struggles and stresses, however, it has also been rich with rewards. But now it is time to approach any stresses and-or struggles with a whole new perspective...and done with no excuses.

Thank you everyone. Thank you so much.
Rift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote