Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #1  

Unhappy does anyone else feel like this?

i hope im not crazy. but i have to lose like 29 kilos to have a healthy BMI again. and i don't think i can do it. i have been eating a bag of lollies or a block of chocolate a night and i can't stand it anymore but everytime i try to lose weight i give up so quickly. does anyone have any tips or tricks to how to lose the weight and how to stick to trying to lose the weight?

< sorry they are really cute (favorite animal!)

Last edited by Cloudie; 07-06-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Cloudie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

It helps to find a plan that works for you and that you can stick with long term. I like calorie counting and others like WW, Atkins, etc.

It also helps to find a form of exercise that you enjoy (at least a little). I like to run and ride my bike.

Or you can just start small and not start with an eating plan. Add in more fruit and veggies. Add in more exercise (even just walking!) and then once you feel comfortable with that move on to cutting out foods - like candy and pop and other unhealthy things. Sometimes, it's hard to cut everything out at once and make drastic changes - it's harder to stick with.

You can do this. I never thought it would be possible for me to do it, but I have. I've kept off most of the weight I've lost and am working on losing the rest. You can do it.
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #3  

There is a moment in time right between when you say 'no' to the junk food or 'yes' to the junk food---its that moment that you need to gain control over. It is a split second but it affects so much of your life. To stick to your guns you need to say 'no' and then say 'no' again. The first time is the hardest, but I've noticed that I take pride in those moments where it's hard to say 'no' to the giant piece of delicious chocolate that is tempting me and I actually do say 'no' and walk away from it. You can do it. Think how happy you'll be the next day when you weigh yourself and the scale is lower because you said 'no' to the extra calories.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Kaitie...your post is exactly what I needed to hear!
MomInMiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #5  

Sweet!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Oooh, I like that Kaitie! I'm writing that one down.

Cloudie!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #7  
On My Way!

S/C/G: 260/244/150

Height: 5'5''

I would encourage you to find things that you will naturally not avert from. To me, the easiest method was the calorie counting because I am very attentive to details and once a limit is set, I'll bite myself to make sure I meet that limit and nothing else. Finding a good diet/exercise program may take time - but the most important thing is to make sure the time you're going to use to change your body appeals to your sense of self. Otherwise, you won't want to do it.

Hope it helps!
Rinney is offline   Reply With Quote