Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 168lbs MG 158 GW 115

Height: 5"0

Default New and looking for friends

Hello 3FC. My name is Bridget, from Ontario (gta) I was browsing the web and came across this site which looks very informative, and motivating!

My weight has always been an issue for me, I have always been on the chubby but healthy side, even when I look back at 130lb I wasn’t happy, and now I WISH I was 130lbs. I have always looked for the quick easy way for example Dr Bernstein which is crazy expensive. It worked so well the first time I have always ran back looking for a quick fix to the weight I gained back.

I was happy at 136 last year October before my trip to Argentina..I gained between 5-10lbs on that vacation, but figured I would just lose it quick again LOL.. ya losing weight before Christmas, after a vacation of eating mother in laws cooking....

In February I did the hardest thing I have ever done.... I QUIT Smoking!!!

Since February I have gained 25lbs. I have never been this big and nothing in my closet fits me, I don’t want to buy new clothes because I do not want to accept it!!

I found myself eating and not even paying attention... it wasn’t like before where I would eat something and feel satisfaction... because my brain was lacking something it was soo used to it was wanting the nicotine. Now I was eating looking for that satisfaction.

It has been 5 months since I have quit smoking, and now I do not even think about it... I do not crave it...I do not miss it, all the urges are now gone, but my appetite is HUGE!!!! I can eat seconds and thirds it’s like I have a hallow leg but I don’t so it’s going to my #$$!!!

I have started boot camp, and swimming lessons. The swimming I figured was a good way to be active, I can brush up on my swimming skills it’s something different, and I probably won’t even feel the pain because swimming is fun.

Boot camp I have been going everyday this week, 1 hour. I may even start doing some boxing lessons since it looks fun and its included in my membership.

I’m lucky because at work they started a weight loss challenge for a chance to win money, everyone put in $20. That will be motivation for me because I could win some money.

Don’t mean to ramble on... I am just really excited to start this journey. If I can quit smoking and lose the weight all in under a year, I don’t think there will be anything that I cannot accomplish!

I also recently purchased a fitbit scale and tracker which I will start using tomorrow, and I joined a website called myfitnesspal. For the past two days I have been tracking my food and exercise , it also sync's with the fitbit site so i can see a overall screenshot of my daily calories in vrs out.

If anyone here has a fitbit, or a myfitnesspal account I would love to connect!!

Last edited by BridgetA; 06-27-2013 at 12:39 PM.
BridgetA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #2  
chubby chica

S/C/G: 198/155/135

Height: 5'8

Hey Bridget! I'm in the GTA too and going through the same thing. Good for you for quitting smoking, that's one **** of a step. Best of luck on the boot camp, I'm sure you'll have so much fun.
flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198

Height: 5' 9"

Hi Bridget, I am also new and look foward to seeing your progress too. I also am on chubby side and wishing for my old body back. I like your swimming bootcamp! Nothing like that in my area of Ohio but I am going to search for something that Icould even travel for like that!

Good Luck!
sammielmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW 168lbs MG 158 GW 115

Height: 5"0

Thanks Guys!!

Flea, where abouts are you located? I am in etobicoke, is that far from you?
BridgetA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #7  
chubby chica

S/C/G: 198/155/135

Height: 5'8

I'm right downtown at Church and Wellesley. Like a half hour subway ride from you.
flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #8  
Noob

S/C/G: 205/182/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Hi!

Hi, Bridget and everyone!

I'm a total newbie.

Seriously, Bridget, congrats on quitting smoking. That's a huge step in the right direction!

A bit about my history:
I was super skinny kid, normal sized in high school (though definitely on the "soft" side) and started gaining weight in college. From the age of 18 on I gained about 5 pounds a year. Starting at 120 you can imagine where I was by the time I hit 35, but I'll do the math: 205.

Then I started working out with a trainer and eating better and over the course of two years I lost 25 pounds. But I got stuck at 180 and kind of lost my motivation.

For the next couple years I hovered between 180 and 190. And then, with 40 hovering over my head and some not great/not terrible blood work (cholesterol is "normal" but edging towards high - as is glucose)

So, I started again. The biggest thing I did was cut out most refined sugar (I miss it in my coffee more than anything!) and am now eating a mostly vegetarian diet with some fish and only have burgers or bacon one in a blue moon. I'm down to 182 right now.

But 180 has been bridge too far for me in the past and I really want to cross it (and leave it in the dust!) before I hit 41.

In the past, accountability has been my best motivation. I'm hoping to get that again here.

Let's do this!!!!

-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetA View Post
Hello 3FC. My name is Bridget, from Ontario (gta) I was browsing the web and came across this site which looks very informative, and motivating!

My weight has always been an issue for me, I have always been on the chubby but healthy side, even when I look back at 130lb I wasn’t happy, and now I WISH I was 130lbs. I have always looked for the quick easy way for example Dr Bernstein which is crazy expensive. It worked so well the first time I have always ran back looking for a quick fix to the weight I gained back.

I was happy at 136 last year October before my trip to Argentina..I gained between 5-10lbs on that vacation, but figured I would just lose it quick again LOL.. ya losing weight before Christmas, after a vacation of eating mother in laws cooking....

In February I did the hardest thing I have ever done.... I QUIT Smoking!!!

Since February I have gained 25lbs. I have never been this big and nothing in my closet fits me, I don’t want to buy new clothes because I do not want to accept it!!

I found myself eating and not even paying attention... it wasn’t like before where I would eat something and feel satisfaction... because my brain was lacking something it was soo used to it was wanting the nicotine. Now I was eating looking for that satisfaction.

It has been 5 months since I have quit smoking, and now I do not even think about it... I do not crave it...I do not miss it, all the urges are now gone, but my appetite is HUGE!!!! I can eat seconds and thirds it’s like I have a hallow leg but I don’t so it’s going to my #$$!!!

I have started boot camp, and swimming lessons. The swimming I figured was a good way to be active, I can brush up on my swimming skills it’s something different, and I probably won’t even feel the pain because swimming is fun.

Boot camp I have been going everyday this week, 1 hour. I may even start doing some boxing lessons since it looks fun and its included in my membership.

I’m lucky because at work they started a weight loss challenge for a chance to win money, everyone put in $20. That will be motivation for me because I could win some money.

Don’t mean to ramble on... I am just really excited to start this journey. If I can quit smoking and lose the weight all in under a year, I don’t think there will be anything that I cannot accomplish!

I also recently purchased a fitbit scale and tracker which I will start using tomorrow, and I joined a website called myfitnesspal. For the past two days I have been tracking my food and exercise , it also sync's with the fitbit site so i can see a overall screenshot of my daily calories in vrs out.

If anyone here has a fitbit, or a myfitnesspal account I would love to connect!!
tralala22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/*185* ONEDERLAND/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello Bridget! I'm also new to this site.
Congrats on quitting! You're right, If you can manage that, anything is more than possible.
I'm is high school now,(not sure if that's a little young for this site, lol) and I've been on the heavier side about all my life. I'm looking forward to the motivation on this site, and hope it will help me in my progress. Best of luck to you too!
Miggy is offline   Reply With Quote