Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/284/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Newbie with 150 extra lbs & health issues

Hello! I'm 32 years old, my husband and I have 2 beautiful children (11 & 3). However, we can't add to our family until I get healthy and lose this weight!

I was always fit & healthy growing up.. I even lost the baby weight after having both kids. I used to workout with Beachbody products: Slim in 6, Power 90, Turbo Jam, etc. In fact, I lost approximately 80 lbs in 10 months after having my little guy. I had to have my gallbladder removed in Dec 2010 because I lost the weight so quick.

Over the past 2.5 years my weight has steadily spiraled out of control. I am now 110 lbs heavier. I attribute this to multiple medications, poor diet, and absolutely no formal exercise for 2.5 years.

I am out of breath after walking up 6 steps, I sweat when grocery shopping, I huff and puff when I have to run for the phone (true story..) IT'S TIME!

I am currently seeing a holistic physician and have started a new program, Metagenics Healthy Transformation Weight Loss Program. It emphasizes eating low glycemic foods and walking at least 10,000 steps per day.

I've never been a part of a weight loss community, I can't wait to encourage others as we reach our goals together
selizabethc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

Wow! That is so fast to put the weight on. Though, truthfully, I only know how I put the weight on, maybe other people's experiences are more like yours. For me, I would go for long periods of time, like 3 or 4 years eating the same crap and then suddenly gain 15 pounds and then another 3 or 4 years later another 15.

I'm also on meds that are difficult for weight issues. I am on insulin and while I can't say it "made" me gain weight, it sure did make it easy! And it makes it pretty hard to take it back off again.

Do you want to talk about what kind of meds you're on? I don't mean to pry, but I'm asking bc I almost had to take some oral prednisone (steroid) which causes weight gain for a lot of people and got some advice to eat a high fat low carb diet as a way to avoid the appetite issues. Apparently that has worked pretty well for people.

Anyway, good luck!
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #3  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Selizabetc,

Good to have you here! You aren't alone in terms of weight gain.
I took a look at the programme your doctor has recommended. It seems similar in science to the one that I am on (Ideal Protein). I've been really pleased with results after a long time of thinking that my metabolism had shut down. I take an anti-depressant (celexa) and have attributed much of my rapid weight gain (and inability to lose) to it.

If does have something to do with the weight. The low carb, moderate + bioassimilable protein in my new way of eating seems to be getting around it.

Welcome aboard! 3fc is a great community!

Beaming you love,
Annik
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi there! I too have lost and regained my weight after having my daughter and not exercising, as well as eating like my husband (bad idea for someone like me who does not have the same metabolism or body type that he does!)

I'm not on any "program" but I know in the past it has worked best for me to eat low glycemic foods. I'm calorie counting as well, and also walking daily. Best way for me to start back in.

I'm also losing because I want to have another baby and it would not be very nice on my body to get pregnant at this weight! Come join us on the 100lb club board!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/284/160

Height: 5'9"

Thank you all for your responses and encouragement!!

rubidoux-
I've been on Prozac, Abilify, Topiramax, Buspar, Lyrica, Prilosec, Zantac & Cyclobenzaprine for the past 2 years. I have migraines that mimic strokes, fibromyalgia, GERD (acid reflux), Barrett's Esophagus, IBS, clinical depression and anxiety. I'm currently in physical therapy for a few different issues. Needless to say, my poor body feels more like it's 82 than 32

Annik-
I'm glad you're finding success with your program! I definitely know where you're coming from, I think my anti-depressants played a role in my weight gain too.

Everlasting-
How exciting! Isn't planning a baby a great motivator?! And thank you, I will definitely check out the board!!
selizabethc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

I have quite a list going myself and I know what you mean about feeling way older than your years because of it. If your diet is low carb as another poster said, you may be able to get off of the GERD-related meds. I have GERD, too, and have been so much better off since starting LC. I'm not sure about Barrett's esophagus, but I'd think anything good for GERD would have to help.

My IBS also completely resolves w my eating plan, but I think that's bc I've completely cut wheat out and I eat as little fiber as possible.

Anyway, I am sure that you'll find some relief once you get going. I bet it will e significant. Hugs to you!
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #7  

Default Welcome

Welcome we have the same amount of weight to lose . We can do it.
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote