Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-31-2013, 12:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5'6

Unhappy LIZZIZZI new member

Well I was roaming around the internet looking for weight loss stories and I came across this site. So far I am pretty excited about all these success stories I'm seeing. over the past 2 years I have gained 40 pounds! THEY MUST GO! Any advice that could be given? I've noticed my biggest weakness is laziness and just putting myself down more. I know I am capable of losing the weight, I've done it before but impatience is a killer.
Lizzizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:13 AM   #2  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Hey there, welcome!

Ok, use laziness to your advantage by starting something totally straightforward like walking more. And don't guilt trip yourself for not doing more, you can build up! If you focus on building habits you enjoy in the beginning it takes SO MUCH less willpower

I'm all for the mental side of weight loss too, so if you're identifying impatience as a problem can you work on that? Seriously, I feel the same, and just doing things like subscribing to sites like zenhabits and tiny Buddha (though they're completely unrelated to weight loss) has helped keep my head in the game for 7 months. And my diets used to last under 7 days, I'm that impatient, lol!!

Find a plan you can stick with (or a non-plan!) for the foreseeable future, be prepared to change it in the future if it doesn't suit you any more, and focus on the easiest habis to change, and work on those first? That really helps you to build momentum. Weight loss can be enjoyable Check out any NSV threads to see what I mean. You don't need to wait until the whole 40s gone to find something awesome about it, honest! And if it helps, have a mini-goal every 1lb if you're motivated by goals. Who says you can't?!

Best of luck and I hope to see you round here again
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #3  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

Well, I would rank myself as one of the top laziest people. I typically sit on my computer all day, when I'm not walking/driving to university, or doing my 30 minute exercise 3-5 times a week. My secret is to calorie count and to make sure I'm only eating what my body is about to burn during the day.

For me, the first 6+ weeks were the hardest, and I too am an extremely impatient person. To quell my impatience, I've concentrated on exercise goals. I still worry about weight loss, but I find that thinking about exercise goals and how to push myself further takes my mind off the, mostly, lack of scale movement (which all happens in blocks over a two week period).

You'll reach your goal!
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:13 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by the shiv View Post
Hey there, welcome!

Ok, use laziness to your advantage by starting something totally straightforward like walking more. And don't guilt trip yourself for not doing more, you can build up! If you focus on building habits you enjoy in the beginning it takes SO MUCH less willpower

I'm all for the mental side of weight loss too, so if you're identifying impatience as a problem can you work on that? Seriously, I feel the same, and just doing things like subscribing to sites like zenhabits and tiny Buddha (though they're completely unrelated to weight loss) has helped keep my head in the game for 7 months. And my diets used to last under 7 days, I'm that impatient, lol!!

Find a plan you can stick with (or a non-plan!) for the foreseeable future, be prepared to change it in the future if it doesn't suit you any more, and focus on the easiest habis to change, and work on those first? That really helps you to build momentum. Weight loss can be enjoyable Check out any NSV threads to see what I mean. You don't need to wait until the whole 40s gone to find something awesome about it, honest! And if it helps, have a mini-goal every 1lb if you're motivated by goals. Who says you can't?!

Best of luck and I hope to see you round here again
yeah ive found most of my issues are mental, so in order for me to succeed I need to be happy
Old 06-06-2013, 02:13 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiko View Post

Well, I would rank myself as one of the top laziest people. I typically sit on my computer all day, when I'm not walking/driving to university, or doing my 30 minute exercise 3-5 times a week. My secret is to calorie count and to make sure I'm only eating what my body is about to burn during the day.

For me, the first 6+ weeks were the hardest, and I too am an extremely impatient person. To quell my impatience, I've concentrated on exercise goals. I still worry about weight loss, but I find that thinking about exercise goals and how to push myself further takes my mind off the, mostly, lack of scale movement (which all happens in blocks over a two week period).

You'll reach your goal!
mini goals do help but also as soon as a i reach one i feel like i can start eating bad again D:
Old 06-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #7  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

Hi! Oh boy am I lazy. I try to use it to my advantage and when I'm wanting to snack on something not so good I get on here Usually reading a couple success stories kills that craving. Good luck to you!
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote