Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/215/190

Height: 6'0"

Default Hello!!!

Hi! I'm Jenn Sytsma. To help you out, I'll throw in a phonetic version of my last name because I know it's a doozy: "sights-mah". You can thank my Dutch ancestry for that one.

I'm 32 years old (but who's counting) and I am now 65 pounds lighter with 40 more to go!!! I think the best compliment I've gotten since losing the weight was from my 7 year old daughter. I was taking her swimming at a hotel pool and she saw my bathing suit and said, "Mom where is your bathing suit with the skirt?" I smiled at her and told her this was a new one and I got rid of the old one. She thought about this and then nodded. "So the old one was what you wore before when you were fat right?"
Mind you, she said this...LOUDLY...in front of a room full of people.

I currently live in Minnesota. I work full time, I have a 7 year old daughter, a 6 year old stepdaughter and a 10 year old stepson.

I have a passion for nutrition, fitness, and helping others reach their goals. Last year I was 100 pounds overweight, miserable, and completely clueless about how to change that. It was a chance hit on a google search for, "how to lose 50 pounds" that led me to Insanity...and my freedom.

I've been struggling with motivation lately to keep going and I'm looking for a community to learn about getting healthy and make friends with the same mindset!

Thanks for having such a great resource!

Jenn
jennifersytsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #2  
Start to Love You

Height: 5'5

Welcome to the forum and congrats on losing weight. There are great people on here!
katieJames27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!

Congrats on your accomplishments so far
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote