Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-21-2013, 06:57 AM   #1  

Post Help Needed

Hello I am new to this and definitely need some support. I am in my fifties and due to recent surgery am not very active at all. The pounds have not only crept up on me but have nearly knocked me out. I need to lose at least 3 stone. Inspiration please.
neelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Those pounds do have a way of sneaking up on us as we age. They do not come off as easily as they once did either. I am 61 so I understand, but with determination and effort it is possible to rid ourselves of them

Look around the forum and read,read,read. Find a plan that you can live with.

Good luck, you can do it!

Last edited by irish51; 03-21-2013 at 08:36 AM.
irish51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Hi, Neelia! Welcome!
Starting up with 3FatChicks is a good start - Since joining this forum a year ago, I have lost more than thirty pounds! The support is what has kept me honest with myself about what actions that I am taking to make my weight loss happen. Seeing other women's progress has really inspired me!

I had something terrible happen to me a couple of months ago, which slowed down my progress, but since jumping back on and getting the support I needed, I am back on track.

1) Don't give up, even though the odds seem to be against you.
2) Don't expect for your efforts to pay off overnight. It takes time.
3) We are all here to support you!

Consider checking out the 50+ forum, or Weight Loss Support forums. Best wishes!
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/178/145

Height: 5'6

Welcome and good luck. There are a lot of great success stories on the boards, but also women like us who are just now starting on the weight loss road. I have definitely used the boards to motivate, keep on track and find advice.

Good luck.
bbrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #5  

Thank you so much. Just seems that every time I think of dieting I am forever hungry.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #6  

Hi neelia! Welcome!!

I'm not sure how much 3 stone equals but that's ok. We will be here for you through all of your weightloss!

Do you have a food plan you will be following? I used to be like you, the mere thought of dieting would make me hungry for everything in sight! Then once I realized I must eat in order to lose weight, that took away so much of the stress. Of course, what I eat is what matters!!

I find counting and tracking calories to be the easiest way to keep on track. I count every single thing that touches my mouth, from real meals down to a teaspoon of mustard. It might seem extreme but it's working for me, plus it's so easy to eat more than I am supposed to.

I also like to set mini goals and have some rewards to look forward to. My next goal is to get to 199 and at that point, it's a pedicure for me to do my happy dance!!

Joining 3FC is the best thing that ever happened to me, so much motivation and support around here. I hope you love it as much as I do! I look forward to seeing more posts from you and reading about your success!

Last edited by elvislover324; 03-21-2013 at 03:27 PM.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:41 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #9  

OK confession time I have been on holiday in Malta where I ate everything in sight. Now am home heavier than ever. Have a wedding in June, and two gorgeous skinny sisters. Need a diet where I can eat lots and lose weight. Is this possible?