Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-21-2013, 11:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/220/160

Height: 5'3

Default Fear of Failing and becoming Content

Hi, everyone, I've lost a total of 29 pounds so far on my journey. I started late November, and although I have had a few downs just like most, I've stayed strong. I'm currently 216 started at 244, and my goal is 150. I've become nervous about becoming content when I get to a certain weight or failing. It's one of the fears I'm currently trying to overcome. How do you all keep yourselves motivated? I get afraid of going back to unhealthy eating habits (which still occasionally happen) and going cold turkey before I reach my goal, the healthy weight for me.. Any advice or stories from someone who has conquered these things and reached their goals or who are still on their journey?
dmarie92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #2  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

Welcome!

I know exactly how you feel! I used to worry about whether I'd be able to keep going, even after I got to my target weight, and if I'd go back to how I used to be (eating what I wanted). What keeps me motivated is realising that what I'm doing is not losing weight and exercising, I'm changing my lifestyle. My old lifestyle was eating junk food and X amount of bad foods, and now my new lifestyle is to watch what I eat and have what I should to be healthy because I don't want to go back to how I used to be.
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:25 PM   #3  

Thank you, that's what I have to do for myself. I have to realize the reason and keep it as a reminder, also. That this is not a temporary thing, but a lifestyle and to not worry about tomorrow. To take care of today and do my best! thank you!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie92 View Post
Hi, everyone, I've lost a total of 29 pounds so far on my journey. I started late November, and although I have had a few downs just like most, I've stayed strong. I'm currently 216 started at 244, and my goal is 150. I've become nervous about becoming content when I get to a certain weight or failing. It's one of the fears I'm currently trying to overcome. How do you all keep yourselves motivated? I get afraid of going back to unhealthy eating habits (which still occasionally happen) and going cold turkey before I reach my goal, the healthy weight for me.. Any advice or stories from someone who has conquered these things and reached their goals or who are still on their journey?
Funny you mention it because I started at 150 and my first goal weight was 120 , I am now 122 much closer to my goal but I wasn't really happy with where I am so my new goal weight is 115 or 110 at the least . It's been about three months since I've changed my lifestyle and I love it , I would say my main motivation is waking up happy and energized in the morning after an intense workout in the evening . Another motivation is others seeing the hard work I've put into my body , my clothes fitting looser and just an overall better confidence level. There is no way to really stop unhealthy eating habits , actually its normal to have a bad day , what I've done is I've made one meal at the end of every week a "cheat" meal where I can have whatever I want to eat and this actually helps keep hormone level balanced meanwhile also stops cravings . But what I have found is that once you haven't had something in a long time , you no longer really crave it . Like I've noticed right before getting my period I crave A LOT of sugars but not from chocolates or anything like that . I crave the natural sugars found in fruits like bananas , grapes , apples, strawberries , etc lol . I would say just keep your eyes on the prize , set realistic and achievable and you'll eventually get to where you want to be . Take it one pound at time , no rush you have a lifetime to be fit
SaraBobera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:12 AM   #5  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

dmarie92,

I am so glad you found us. Welcome!!

My motivation comes with a continual weekly weight loss. I lose my motivation is I stay the same one week. I have not gained weight because the week we had a business trip and I ate the old way for three days, I just didn't weigh in that week because I knew I would lose my motivation. So this week when I went back to weigh in, I had lost whatever I gained on the trip plus another 1.5 lbs. I am here cheering you on to the finish line with your weight loss goals!
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #7  

You guys, thanks soo much. I think sometimes it just takes hearing other people's stories and how far they have come and conquered the same things I sruggle with.. I'm going to definitely try the cheat meal every week. I think that will give me the sense of being normal.. lol.. I love food, but it had taken control of my life, now I'm taking control of it.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #8  
I dream in sci-fi

S/C/G: 222/150/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm very close to my goal, and your concern is definitely legitimate. It's kind of hard to keep going when weight loss is slow, and you're close. Part of my motivation is that I'm doing weight watchers, and when I reach goal and maintain it for 6 weeks, I won't have to pay for it anymore. After that I'm getting a new car. So car is my motivator now since I'm pretty happy with how I look and feel. Maybe you could promise yourself something similar when you reach your goal. A trip or some other reward to keep yourself motivated to keep going. I would say good luck with your journey, but it's about hard work and determination rather than luck. So ... good hard work and determination.
JuvenileNarcissist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:18 AM   #9  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #10  

I'm taking it all in.. I'm just reminding myself of everything I'm doing this for.. I'm learning to love my body regardless of the way it looks, but with that love I'm wanting it to be the best machine possible! Thank you guys for the support.. Every time I hit the gym, all the doubt goes out the window.. lol
Old 03-25-2013, 01:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote