Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Default New here, this is my story.......

So I have finally come to the conclusion that I can't do it on my own. Am I weak? I guess I would have to say yes.

I am sure my story is a familiar one. I have been on many diets, Atkins, WW , Bernstein to name a few. I generally do well in the moment and have one occasion that starts the cycle and I gain it back. I wonder how I can eat 500 cals a day on Bernstein but can not now seem to stick to a diet for more then a few days. I find myself with the same thought process all the time. I convince myself I will start eating better tomorrow, and then I raid the fridge and cupboards to make sure I get that last but of tasty food before I start. Well when doing this a couple times a week, BECAUSE I am always starting tomorrow, I am back up to the highest weight I have been in 5 years.

My worse habit is night eating. I can go all day with nothing and then don't stop eating all evening until bed time. While enjoying my shows I find myself thinking what I can eat next before I finish what I have. This is truly embarrassing but it is time I say it out loud and admit to myself I have a problem.

I am happily married, been with my husband 20 years. I have a beautiful daughter. I manage to make sure she eats well , has a healthy start to the day and is active... why can't I seem to do this for myself??? My husband is not bothered by my weight, or doesn't say so at least. He is wonderful, and doesn't have weight issues.

I look forward to receiving and providing support to others as I finally change my lifestyle

L,
herwegoagain2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Good luck!!

It seems that, besides your night eating, your biggest problem really is sticking to your diet. I've struggled with that in the past, giving up after tiny results after a couple weeks. You need to find out what really motivates you to lose this weight and use that to stick with it. As I've found out this go around, losing weight can happen as long as you stick with it.

I keep a fat picture of myself in the kitchen to help remind me of what I once was and easily can go back to. My fiancé though is my main motivator, I know if he wasn't around I would have quit already.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #3  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Wishing you tons of success in 2013!!!

I'm in awe that you were eating 500cal for a while. Eek! I wouldn't last a day!
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by herwegoagain2013 View Post
So I have finally come to the conclusion that I can't do it on my own. Am I weak? I guess I would have to say yes.
Weak? No. Human? YES!

Quote:
I find myself with the same thought process all the time. I convince myself I will start eating better tomorrow, and then I raid the fridge and cupboards to make sure I get that last but of tasty food before I start. Well when doing this a couple times a week, BECAUSE I am always starting tomorrow.
This actually has a name - it's called Last Supper eating. It's quite common among people who have been off and on diets for any length of time. I know; I used to do it all the time.

The only way to stop it is to stop dieting.

Quote:
My worse habit is night eating. I can go all day with nothing and then don't stop eating all evening until bed time. While enjoying my shows I find myself thinking what I can eat next before I finish what I have.

Been there, done that. Got the t-shirt. That's why I no longer eat while watching TV. Believe it or not, that can be done. I'm living proof. I did it for more years than I care to count. It is probably the primary reason I always gained back the weight I lost.

When I eat, I ONLY eat. That way I can really concentrate on what I'm eating. I know you've heard, over and over again, to eat without distraction. And there's a good reason for that. Unfortunately, most diet "experts" never really tell you why - the whole reason to do that is so that you can really savor your food. The problem with so many diets, however, is that we are often eating food that we don't particularly enjoy, therefore, it's hard to really take pleasure in what we're eating.

Quote:
I look forward to receiving and providing support to others as I finally change my lifestyle
You will receive a lot of support here. It's a great forum. Lots of people being successful in a variety of ways. You need to decide which one is best for you. Changing your lifestyle...I know what you mean. I've been in the process of changing mine; actually, a better way to say it is that I'm changing my relationship with food. Completely.

Welcome to 3FC!
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/192/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hello & Welcome! I've also tried everything and need support and 'someone' to be accountable to. Everyone here has been friendly and open about their own struggles so it's nice to know you're not alone.
Bobbette78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #8  
Michelle :D

S/C/G: 85/64.1/56

Height: 164cm

Welcome!
I'm sure you will find he support you need here!
Wishing you luck on your lifestyle change!
Fortunate is offline   Reply With Quote