Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/201/166

Height: 5' 10"

Default Newbie with a LOFTY goal!

My name is Johnathan and I am doing all that I can to lose weight, in a healthy fashion! I started with juicing. I saw the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and that inspired me to get my life back! Since then, I have lost 50.2 pounds! My goal is to lose 84 pounds!

My wife is also starting to lose weight... as she can't imagine me weight less than her. My efforts and success thus far is helping to motivate her too.

I entered some contests to help motivate and keep me focused! It has helped! After doing so, I started my own blog. I started it for the sheer sake of losing weight and documenting my journey! I use MyFitnesspal to track my food, calories, vitamins, proteins, and fat (among other things).

To lose 84 pounds and the contest that I entered lasts 84 days! I figure I'll do all I can, naturally. No supplements, no diet pills, no odd programs. Just insane workouts, eating (consuming) tons of fruits and vegetables and minimize my caloric intake... BUT NOT my nutrient, vitamin or mineral intake.

After I lose the weight my intentions are to eat less food per meal. Take smaller bites. Cut pieces into smaller pieces. Since our tasting abilities end at the back of our mouth (no taste buds down our esophagus), I will also allow the food to hang out in my mouth longer. Thus increasing the actual enjoyment time. I do not plan on ever gaining this weight back... I would be okay with toning up some. Maybe add some lean muscle. But no way do I plan on doing the "roller coaster" diet / weight gain that so many talk about that can happen. I'm aware of the potential for it to take place so I am doing all I can to educate myself on how to prevent it from happening.

I LOVE the taste and full flavors of food. I know that I also want to stay healthy! One thing that is majorly encouraging is that all of my test results and checkups at the various Doctor offices have been exceptional! That alone is a huge motivational push for me to stay true to eating more fruits and vegetables. I'm learning where I can get essential amino acids, nutrients and vitamins from and what taste good together too.

I don't plan on juicing forever. However, if you ask my wife, she might not believe that. Each time I eat something (actually chew it) she looks at me with amazement and says; "How does that feel?" haha

I will continue to exercise too. I know that keeping my calories low and exercising will help me maintain my loss. I want to be fit and strong. I also want to have clean arteries and a long, healthy life. Hopefully I'll stay on track for all of that.

I am glad I found this site and am looking forward to finding motivation and if possible, maybe motivating others too.
84lbs84days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #2  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
No supplements, no diet pills, no odd programs.
Juicing is an odd program.
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethFromDayton View Post
Juicing is an odd program.
You think so? I'm delighted doing it! I am getting all the that my body needs without the pounds. I didn't sign up to do it and am not paying any money, besides vegetables and fruits.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #5  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

I don't even know what "juicing" is! I thought it meant bulking up with steroids!
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 219/ticker/118

Height: 5'5"

Hey Johnathan I own a juicer and have done juicing fasts form time to time and believe in the benefits of a raw food lifestyle so more power to ya! It just wasnt a sustainable lifestyle for me. Congrats on your weight loss so far and I can't wait to see how you kill those remaining 84 lbs!

Last edited by candykisses; 03-12-2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: spelling
candykisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
I don't even know what "juicing" is! I thought it meant bulking up with steroids!
haha! no worries... I didn't know until the first part of January of this year. Simply said you place all your fruits and vegetables through a juicer to get the nutrients, health benefits and vitamins, without all the bulk of the food. People do it to reboot their system. I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and that opened my eyes. it is free to watch on Hulu from a laptop or computer.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by candykisses View Post
Hey Johnathan I own a juicer and have done juicing fasts form time to time and believe in the benefits of a raw food lifestyle so more power to ya! It just wasnt a sustainable lifestyle for me. Congrats on your weight loss so far and I can't wait to see how you kill those remaining 84 lbs!
Thanks! I have 33.2 pounds to go! And hope to be there by mid April!