Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #1  

Smile How to Lose Weight - A Short Introduction to Weight Loss

Ask one hundred people if they want to lose weight and you will see one hundred hands go up. Ask those same one hundred people how to lose weight and you will see five hands at the most raised. The fact is that many people want to lose weight, but not many know how to go about it.

So what is the big deal about losing weight? There are many reasons why people may want to reduce their weight. Some might need to for health reasons. The reality is that obesity can lead to major medical problems like diabetes, heart disease and stroke, so those who have a high risk of developing any of these diseases ought to consider a weight loss regiment. Others want to lose weight simply because they do not like the way they look. While there is nothing wrong with losing a few pounds, many take the notion of weight loss to dangerous extremes that include dangerous diets and work out routines.

Dieting and exercise are fine; in fact, many health professionals would agree that both are essential towards staying healthy and living longer. The problem lies with diets that claim that you can lose weight fast. Many of these are starvation diets or exercise routines that are too strenuous for your body. There is a reason why every weight loss commercial tells people to consult their doctor before trying a new diet or exercise regimen. So can you reduce your weight fast? While some of the diets and exercise programs can help you lose weight quicker than others can, anyone who believes that they can lose one hundred pounds in two weeks is in for a rude awakening.

So what is the best way to lose weight? Several things can be done without actually causing your body more harm.

Exercise: This is a good method of losing weight. When you exercise, you burn calories, which also help you burn fat. By committing to a consistent exercise regimen, you will be able to significantly decrease your weight in a matter of six months to a year. The key to making this work is consistency. You need to be able to commit at least one to two hours three days a week in order to be able to lose the weight. Now there are a few things to consider. First, you want to make sure that you are healthy enough to be able to exercise. People over a certain age (like forty-five) need to consult their physician about whether an exercise regimen is something that their bodies are capable of handling.

Diet: Dieting in addition to a regular exercise routine will help you shed unwanted pounds. There are many diet programs that exist, so it becomes a matter of choosing one that works. The best way to decide is to consult a physician or even some you know who has dieted. You will be able to find out about what the diet entails and whether or not it is right for you.

When it comes to finding out how to lose weight, it takes a little bit of research and a lot of commitment. As difficult as all of these sounds, it will pay off in the end.
hatemrofix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Are you trying to lose weight ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 216.8/167.8/150

Height: 5'4

How much weight have you lost?

Last edited by Amy1313; 03-05-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Amy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #4  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

I wonder why he found it necessary to come here and pontificate.

His claim that exercising is a good method to lose weight and diet helps is backwards.

I actually expected a spam link in there somewhere. Wonder if there was one and it was removed?
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #5  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I'm not sure what the point of this guys post is... ? I too was expecting a spam link...
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am thinking this is an ad but he is careful enough that he doesn't include a link. I am suspicious of his post, it has a very professional ring to it. Wonder if he will respond to our questions.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/217/150

Height: 5'7''

I agree with all of you. I love how he decided "5 people" would raise their hands to say they knew how they would lose weight. What? Did you really just pull this entire post out of your bee-hind?
pinkplato is offline   Reply With Quote