Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #1  
June Bug

S/C/G: 246/246/130

Height: 5'4

Default Hi all

Just a quick introduction, my name is June, Im @ the end of my 30's, I live in West Virginia, in the United States. I am happily married of 21 years, and a mommy, my youngest being 11. As my kids get older, I am finding myself with more time, and a few more pennies to take care of myself. After baby number 2, I began to put more weight on and made less time for myself. Im not much for working out, tho I do have a treadmill. However, I got on the scales over the weekend, to see my weight had climbed to 246. If that wasnt sign enough, I dont know what is...I use to go to Curves, when I had a work out buddy, and I had lost close to 50 lbs. I lost my work out partner, and quit going. I also did the low carb diet during that time. Again, serving my families needs, I just gave in and went back to eating what I provided for my family. While it was great for them, they were also busy enough to balance it out. So here I am, trying, again.
I went to Walmart and bout the 5 day Nutrisystem, and am going to try it for a month and see if/how much weight I can lose, and then start back on the treadmill. So here we go again!
changingmii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #2  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

to you!

Good for you starting to take care of yourself! That is the hardest part...... starting. Count on yourself... only you can control what you do. The best thing tho... is this forum. Lovely Lovely Lovely helpful people here!

I wish you well on your trip to being healthier and having a treadmill really does help (I do 15-20 minutes every morning in my pjs then walk 2 miles with my friends 4 times a week at night) Welcome!!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #3  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome June! I am so glad you joined us. You will find a lot of motivation and encouragement here. These gals and guys are great. Your plan sounds like a good one. The only time I was successful at exercising on a treadmill was when I put it in front of the TV and walked while one of my favorite shows was on. I look forward to "hearing" from you and your success reaching your goal. Blessings, firegirl
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #4  
June Bug

Default Thank you :)

Alot of wisdom in those words! Thanks Skip and laugh! The starting part has always been easy for me, its the continuing that gets me down. So hopefully I can find enough motivation, within myself, to get back to a sensible weight!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #5  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

You can! and if you ever doubt.. that is what helps by coming here!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #6  
June Bug

Default @ Firegirl

Thank you as well, Ive been pouring over the topics and posts most of the morning, and even ordered the Zumba discs this morning. As much as I want to wait to start exercising, maybe I should have been doing it all along, and then added the diet in? Idk?!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #8  
June Bug

Default @ Mozzy

Thank you