Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 379/379/205

Height: 6'2"

Default Hi All! New here.

Hi everyone,

So today during a doctor's visit I got a real wake up call. I have known since my days in post college that I needed to drop some serious pounds. I have been wanting to start this journey long ago, but I kept procrastinating. Every time someone would ask how much I weigh, I would tell them to guess and they usually said between "250-290" pounds. I knew that wasn't close as I hadn't weighed that since playing college ball. Anyways I kept putting it off because people thought I was a good bit lighter than I actually am. So I stepped on the scale at my doctor's office today and saw a number that is truly horrifying, but I am glad that I did see it because it has motivated me to start my weight loss journey. I am currently at 379 pounds!!!! I am 6'2 and my goal weight is 220 pounds. I have a long and difficult journey ahead of me, but I look forward to the challenge of one day reaching that goal. I came across this site and I must say I am truly amazed at all of the success stories that I have read, before/after pictures, etc. I am also amazed at all of the support the members her provide to one another. I am truly grateful to be joining this team. After researching a few diets and talking to my doctor, I have decided to start with the Ideal Protein diet as it seems to be the best fit for me. I look forward to enjoying much success with all of you here!!!!
jackhammerjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #2  

Hi there,

You've taken the most important and hardest step. The decision to make a change. A lot of people talk the talk but deep down it doesn't really matter. I'm sure you'll be putting the time and effort into it. Just make sure that it's about health, not the numbers.

There's a million diets with a million supporters and detractors. Do what works for you. Myself, I've seen amazing results on high protein diets. Just don't ignore healthy fats (in moderation since they contain more calories) and greens greens greens! A quick easy tip is not to drink calories. Don't even go diet (too many reasons). Water, tea, coffee. It's very restrictive but it'll do wonders.

Obviously, there's more to dieting than that generalized piece of advice but grasping that is half the battle (if not more).

Good luck!

P.S. Before you eat anything...ask yourself if it is healthy or not for you. We tend to lie to ourselves or make exceptions. Zero tolerance for junk!
Sebastian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192.6/185/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi!

I'm new here tonight too! Have you started your IP yet? I started last Thursday and am almost through a full week. It has been fairly easy for me. I have had times when I really wanted to cheat, but I haven't yet. Day 3 was pretty bad and I was really craving French fries tonight, but I am VERY focused on my goal and want to reach it as quickly as possible. I even took the kids to Chic-fil-a tonight and watched them eat! It was really hard, but I am so proud of myself for sticking to my guns and not cheating.....it feels really good after years of thinking about losing weight, saying I was going to, starting and failing many times and several unused gym memberships.

I think we have found a great support system. Good luck with your journey!
Mymommy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:15 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 379/379/205

Height: 6'2"

I haven't started yet, I will be starting on monday. I can't wait, I am really excited to get started. I saw the results that my best friends dad had with the diet. He was about my size, now he's 175 pounds. All that weight gone in just under a year!!!!! Goodluck to you as well
jackhammerjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:42 PM   #6  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! You'll love 3FC!!!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:10 AM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammerjb View Post
Hi everyone,

So today during a doctor's visit I got a real wake up call. I have known since my days in post college that I needed to drop some serious pounds. I have been wanting to start this journey long ago, but I kept procrastinating. Every time someone would ask how much I weigh, I would tell them to guess and they usually said between "250-290" pounds. I knew that wasn't close as I hadn't weighed that since playing college ball. Anyways I kept putting it off because people thought I was a good bit lighter than I actually am. So I stepped on the scale at my doctor's office today and saw a number that is truly horrifying, but I am glad that I did see it because it has motivated me to start my weight loss journey. I am currently at 379 pounds!!!! I am 6'2 and my goal weight is 220 pounds. I have a long and difficult journey ahead of me, but I look forward to the challenge of one day reaching that goal. I came across this site and I must say I am truly amazed at all of the success stories that I have read, before/after pictures, etc. I am also amazed at all of the support the members her provide to one another. I am truly grateful to be joining this team. After researching a few diets and talking to my doctor, I have decided to start with the Ideal Protein diet as it seems to be the best fit for me. I look forward to enjoying much success with all of you here!!!!
Welcome!! Good luck to you..you will be at your goal before you know it!! I LOVE this diet, easy and it works!!
Danif is offline   Reply With Quote