You hear this all the time, but...

• This time it's going to be different!

And unlike all the other times, I truly believe it. I honestly don't know what's gotten into me but I've gone further with my weight loss now than I ever have before, and it all started with setting a silly new year's resolution to lose weight - the same one I've set for years and the same one I've NEVER stuck with!

But hey, it's working now so I'm not going to question it too much and just roll with it.

About me: My name is Mara. I'm 23, a college student, and I own a small business. My main motivation for losing weight is, I will admit, pure vanity But my other big motivator is to ensure that I learn healthy habits and get fit while I'm still young, because most of my family members (many of whom are still relatively young and should NOT be having so many health issues) are extremely unhealthy due to a lifetime of obesity, smoking, and other yucky things. So I want to break that cycle and show my family that being healthy IS possible.

So here's to forming new healthy habits! I'm looking forward to being motivated by all you lovely folks.
  • Welcome and good luck on your journey!
  • Welcome!
  • Hey!

My name is Alicia and your stories sounds super familiar!
    Except I just started. I'm five pounds down so far!

I wish you luck with your goals!!!
  • Welcome & enjoy your journey!
  • Welcome and good luck !
  • Thanks, everyone!
  • Welcome, I will admit health plays a factor in my weight loss but vanity is tied for first place. I just feel so much prettier at my current weight. Best of luck
  • I can relate; I fight with myself on a daily basis. Negativity usually prevails and I tell myself I will never truly be beautiful at my current weight. Although I want to be healthy, this is definitely about vanity, too.

I can also relate in that I'm 24, a college student, and living in South Florida. And I can't even remember the last time I wore a bikini to the beach