Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #1  

Default New here, and ready to change my life.

I just recently joined here and one other forum. I hope they will help me keep motivated.

Hello everyone, my name is Angela. I'm 23 years old, 341 lbs. That's the first time I admitted my true weight to anyone. I've always been too embarrassed to tell anyone. My rock bottom was recently when my fiance weighed himself (he himself is an overweight guy) and I got on after him and weighed significantly more than him. I really didn't realize I had let myself get this big.

I am done with making excuses for myself and acting like "it's not that bad". It IS that bad now, and I want to change it. Today I started a journal, writing down my weight, and healthy foods that I looked up to try. I cleared all the junk out of my house and wrote a list for the grocery store tonight.

Tomorrow will mark day one, I plan to hit up the gym in the morning. I am excited to see results and just hope and pray I can keep with it. I'm tired of being the biggest girl in a room, or not being able to shop at the majority of stores because they don't have my size! I want to be healthy for my son, for myself, and to feel confident again. Any suggestions and encouragement are always welcome and appreciated!
Angelfire003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/161/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Angelfire! This is also a great place to come and still be anonymous but have the support you need! There are so many people to connect to as well. What's your full plan? Have you done any studying? Have you thought about getting a full physical exam? I know it really helped me for a jump start and to get myself going in the right direction! I look forward to hearing more from you. Also, I think a lot of us feel the way you did when you realized you needed a change! I didn't realize I was "big" either. I always thought "curvy" but never "big". And then a lot of real life situations happened that reminded me that I'm not what I picture in my head!
Scondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

You have a great, positive attitude. You CAN do this; a lot of us are!

I noticed your idea to try new, healthful foods. I do the same thing... always on the lookout, and have found a lot of yummy foods that are good for me AND delicious!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/160/119

Height: 5'4

Hey!

I really identified with your post, I am quite a bit heavier than my partner and it gets to me quite a bit, I'm also 23 and I have also just realized I really need to do something about the way I feel.

Its such a good idea to keep a track on things as well, I think sometimes when you have your thoughts down in writing everything becomes more tangible.

But anyway really good luck and have fun tomorrow :-) !!!!!!
Happycat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #6  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Hi Angela and welcome!

Joining this forum is a great first step! Everyone here is so encouraging and supportive. My advice would be to make small goals. For me, smaller goals keep me from feeling overwhelmed. I also find that writing down everything I eat is a huge help. I calorie count and use the MFP app.

I wish you success on your journey!

Last edited by OhThePlaces; 12-15-2012 at 08:59 PM.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/201/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi, new here to!!! I'm not sure yet exactly what I am doing yet, but just starting out eliminating soda and drinking more water until I can get a plan going.

You sound very enthusiastic, and that should be a great benefit to you in your journey . . . good luck!!
lifesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 456/199/199

Height: 5'10"

Good luck on your Journey. Just wanted to let you know that it can be done.
Borgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Angela! Welcome to 3FC. Best of luck to you on your journey. You can do it!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote