Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/215.2/160

Height: 5'4"

Talking Hello new Friends!

Hello everyone. I am 22 years old and I have been struggling with my weight for a few years now. Back in high school I got to my biggest which was 191lbs and since then I have met and fell in love with my now Husband and have gained a lot of weight putting me at 226 pounds.
Now I'm not sure exactly when I started losing the weight but to date I have lost 12 pounds and am currently weighing in at 214lbs. My goal weight right now is 160lbs and I have got to a point that now I've noticed the weight coming off and I'm not helping it come off by eating healthier and keeping track of Carbs, Fats, Proteins and Calories that I'm not seeing anything. I'm not sure what I was doing before to have the weight come off.
My ultimate weight loss goal is 135lbs as I am 5'4" and I think it will be perfect for me. I don't remember ever being that small.
My main reason for coming on here is to find some friends to chat with about progresses and maybe get some help on making working out a bit more fun. I am on night shift so things that would work for others are a bit more difficult for me. I go swimming twice a week but I find it hard to keep the motivation to go to the gym alone or even after work. I don't have a car and bus so it seems like more of a hassel to go to the gym especially trying to work around keeping a normal sleep schedule and not losing any.
Any suggestions? Fellow night shifters?
My motivation is that I want to have a baby but I have to lose the weight first to do so, but it's hard to get past the end result and I want that to be here faster then the weight will fall.
Well thank you for your time!
Frodi
Frodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! My motivation for losing weight is wanting (another) baby, so I can totally relate!
Good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #4  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Welcome to 3fatchicks! I would say get a mental picture of how you desire to look. Health is an important reason but it usually boils down to looking great too. It's easier to get to goals when we think of looking a certain way. It's nice to have you here.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #5  

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
Mozzy how are you keeping yourself motivated to stay strong while still going? I just want to see results.

I also stepped on the scale today 2 different ones and there was a 2 pound difference. I'm not sure which scale is the right one.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Frodi-- pick one scale and stick to it. It doesn't matter if other scales show you a different number, as long as your scale shows a consistent trend.
And to answer your question about staying motivated. I honestly just think about how badly I want a baby. Nothing I eat (junk wise) is worth sabotaging my baby efforts. Concentrate on your goal, your sacrifices will totally be worth it, I promise!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:32 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzy View Post
Frodi-- pick one scale and stick to it. It doesn't matter if other scales show you a different number, as long as your scale shows a consistent trend.
And to answer your question about staying motivated. I honestly just think about how badly I want a baby. Nothing I eat (junk wise) is worth sabotaging my baby efforts. Concentrate on your goal, your sacrifices will totally be worth it, I promise!
Sweet, thats what I've been thinking of. I do really want this baby and to finally have the man on board wit it also makes it so much easier. It was actually his idea for me to lose the weight first because he knows that if we were to just get pregnant at the weight I was oringally (226lbs) that once the baby was out of there I would go into a depression state because of all the weight I would have gained.

How go you get that cool scale tracker thing on the bottom of your messages?
Old 12-07-2012, 04:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/185/130

Height: 66"

Welcome. I think if you find a sensible weight loss and exercise plan, and aim for losing 2 pounds a week (safe) then the baby will wait. You are young, and I firmly believe that you should be married to your husband for awhile to really get to know him before you have a kid with him. By the time you lose your weight you'll know if your husband is father material...
eclecticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:35 AM   #9  
Grandmaof2

S/C/G: 157/157/130

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome! I have scale issues too. Here's what I do. I weigh myself at home first thing in the morning at home then weigh in later at my Dr office or gym. I allow 2 lbs for clothes. If I weigh 200 at home and 205 at the gym I figure my weight is actually 203 and my scale is low by 3 pounds. Now I know I can weigh at home and just always add 3 lbs for my true weight. I may be off by a pound overall but it's good enough for me.
Time2Bfit4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:50 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclecticgirl View Post
Welcome. I think if you find a sensible weight loss and exercise plan, and aim for losing 2 pounds a week (safe) then the baby will wait. You are young, and I firmly believe that you should be married to your husband for awhile to really get to know him before you have a kid with him. By the time you lose your weight you'll know if your husband is father material...
Thank you for your advice, but I've known my husband for 10 years as we were friends before a couple and we have been married for 2 years now and I think I know my husband is father material or else we wouldn't be making plans to start a family.
Thank you for the weight loss adivce since that is what I was asking about I'll make sure to keep to the weight loss plan I am currently doing since it seems to be working and losing approx 1-2lbs a week.