Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/202/130

Height: 5'4"

Default She has such a beautiful face, if only she just lost some weight..

I was contemplating whether to actually write and introduce myself. I have been lurking here for so long reading other peoples' stories. For many years, I kept coming back. But all those years I have never lost the weight. I think it is a mindset. It has to just HAPPEN in your brain, you have to think I will do this and I will succeed. And I guess I just never had that.

I have always been overweight. I 'm the one that everyone is always gushing about how beautiful my face is , how beautiful my heart is , what a lovely person I am etc etc BUT ONLY if I would just lose some weight well then I would be wonderful.

I would be what? A better person? have a kinder heart? I really don't know. I think I am just fed up with those words. My family has decided to give up trying to tell me to lost weight. After all of those times I have had breakdowns and gotten upset. As if I am not a worthy person NOW before I lost weight.

But now I think, is it right to hide behind my fat? Stay fat just to spite them? Show them that I am beautiful even if I am FAT?

I am so porportional that people always have difficulty guessing how much I weight. My boyfriend still thinks I weigh around 70 kilos at most. Well here it is everyone, I weight around 92 KILOS! Yes.

I have tried so many diets... Atkins, and calorie counting, and raw food, and the list goes on and on. Even the disgusting cabbage diet.

And I did lose weight on all of them. Until I decided to stop. Until I got fed up with trying to lose weight to make people more comfortable and happier.

I think we cann all lose weight with whatever we do. As long as we stick to it! Day in, Day out.

I think I am ready to lose weight. No, not think.. I am! Because now I am almost 33 years old. And I am terrified to be thin. To actually not have excuses for my unhappiness. I owe to to myself to see how I would be. without all of this FAT masquerading as SECURITY.

So I am not going to promise that I am going to calorie count, I am not going to tell you I will excersize every day. I am just going to try this out for 5 months. I am going to DO MY VERY BEST EVERY SINGLE DAY. If that means I will eat healthy clean foods then so be it. If it means I will drink more green tea and do Pilates for that day, Hurray for me. But I promise myself and all of you reading this that I am going to do my best for 5 months. And then I am going to see how I feel and look.

I hope my rambling was not too horrid but I really needed to share all of that. To put it out there in the Universe. I am promising myself and I wanted to make my promise official.

Thank you for reading.
dbsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/190/140

Welcome! And you can do it!
Anonymouse22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #4  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Welcome.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #5  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! The only thing that matters is what you think about yourself- do it for you.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #6  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

Welcome and Good luck!
masterptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 421/see ticker/180

Height: 5' 6.5"

Welcome and best wishes! Your story struck a chord with me. Even as a kid I was told I would be really pretty if I would just lose weight. It really is easier to stay fat, it's security in it's own twisted way (I'm still scared of losing the weight and it holds me back). It's tough but the people here are great and inspiring.
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote